If you own a Rare Breed Trigger, you may be a felon...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would be "In possession of something illegal", still not a felon. One is not a felon unless convicted.

Great story my friend. Glad you're working out the semantics in your head. "May" means expressing possibility. Being an owner very well could lead to a conviction.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The part that scares me (and should scare anyone with working knowledge of semi-auto firearms) is that the definition of a machine gun can apply to any semi-auto firearm and especially to AR platforms. There have been several triggers and addons that can turn a standard AR platform firearm into a full auto without the 3rd hole for an auto sear or the recessed area in the lower receiver for said sear. If the ATF is allowed to continue down this rabbit hole they will deem all AR platform firearms as machineguns and subject to the NFA, then all semi-autos will follow.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see this as another attempt at taxation and registration. “The trigger AND the receiver” must be taxed and registered? They consider it to be a machine gun? That’s also a violation of the NFA. Under the 1986 NFA, new manufactured machine guns can only be sold to military and LE agencies.

If these triggers AND receivers (by their definition) are now considered machine guns, then it would be a violation of the 1986 NFA ban to allow them to be registered and possessed by individuals. If it is allowed, then why couldn’t any other new manufactured machine gun be allowed?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The part that scares me (and should scare anyone with working knowledge of semi-auto firearms) is that the definition of a machine gun can apply to any semi-auto firearm and especially to AR platforms. There have been several triggers and addons that can turn a standard AR platform firearm into a full auto without the 3rd hole for an auto sear or the recessed area in the lower receiver for said sear. If the ATF is allowed to continue down this rabbit hole they will deem all AR platform firearms as machineguns and subject to the NFA, then all semi-autos will follow.
This is what will happen. The feds are coming after everything we have. Death by a thousand papercuts. The fact what we have to constantly sue and go to court over the feds blatantly pissing on the 2A is just more proof of how little freedom we have.

CoolShi7Designer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait, Can we all back up to the part where there are people in a pro-2A shooter forum that call BATFE? Do we know who they are? Is there any way to specifically block those people from seeing anything I post? Not cause its NFA stuff, but because:
**** You! you anti-2A, anti-freedom belly-crawling worms. Anyone willingly talking to the ATF deserves to be publicly shaved, tarred and feathered. No exceptions. Calling the ATF on someone is the absolute height of *inviting* gun control and no one who would do it deserves anything but spit on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom