If you won the lottery... where would you live???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, pat answers spring to mind... places like somewhere on the beach, maybe Salt Whistle Bay in Mayreau or Lower Bay in Bequia in St. Vincent, but honestly, when you think about everyday, day-to-day life, there are some drawbacks.

Things like gun laws, availability of products and services, no matter HOW much money you have, etc... they all play a factor.

Personally, we have looked and dreamed about moving to South Florida, I love the Fort Lauderdale area. But, honestly, their gun laws are not quite as good as Oklahoma, so that is a bit of a detraction. I think it goes without saying (for me) any large city is out, at least IN the city... being near the ocean is a big big bonus for me, but unless I had enough money to have a decent boat and keep it up and dry-dock it and never worry about signing the checks, etc., there would always be drawbacks. Hurricanes aren't a major worry for me, that's what insurance is for, and I don't worry about hurricanes any more than the tornadoes while living in Oklahoma. I'd want something like a 30-40 foot cabin cruiser, something to either fish or relax on.

I honestly don't know WHAT I'd do... I'd like to win enough to have a place here or in TX or GA, so I can hunt some decent game (those SE deer are NICE!) as well as a nice "beach home" or something close would be ideal.

What do you guys think? I know a lot of people will say they would never want to leave OK, and I get that. But damn, I'm an ocean-lover for sure! :D

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, pat answers spring to mind... places like somewhere on the beach, maybe Salt Whistle Bay in Mayreau or Lower Bay in Bequia in St. Vincent, but honestly, when you think about everyday, day-to-day life, there are some drawbacks.

Things like gun laws, availability of products and services, no matter HOW much money you have, etc... they all play a factor.

Personally, we have looked and dreamed about moving to South Florida, I love the Fort Lauderdale area. But, honestly, their gun laws are not quite as good as Oklahoma, so that is a bit of a detraction. I think it goes without saying (for me) any large city is out, at least IN the city... being near the ocean is a big big bonus for me, but unless I had enough money to have a decent boat and keep it up and dry-dock it and never worry about signing the checks, etc., there would always be drawbacks. Hurricanes aren't a major worry for me, that's what insurance is for, and I don't worry about hurricanes any more than the tornadoes while living in Oklahoma. I'd want something like a 30-40 foot cabin cruiser, something to either fish or relax on.

I honestly don't know WHAT I'd do... I'd like to win enough to have a place here or in TX or GA, so I can hunt some decent game (those SE deer are NICE!) as well as a nice "beach home" or something close would be ideal.

What do you guys think? I know a lot of people will say they would never want to leave OK, and I get that. But damn, I'm an ocean-lover for sure! :D

I think I'd buy a ton of land (enough to ensure that no houses were built near me) and put a house right in the middle of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes... but WHERE? Here, in OK?

I would probably do that, depending on how much I won in the lottery. The cost of living is still lower in OK than in a lot of other states, at least for now. A parcel of 640 acres in the eastern half of OK would be sweet.

Though I might look into a piece of land in the Great Smokies.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would buy a ranch on the western slope of Colorado or maybe near Durango and have another nice but moddest place in Orange County. Maybe Laguna or San Clemente.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have to have 2 places.

1) Somewhere in SE Alaska with access to the ocean. I love fishing and seafood.
2) Probably W. of Black Mesa in NE New Mexico. Not a neighbor to be seen for miles. Could sit on the back porch and watch approaching storms. Shoot in any direction and not hit a thing..

Latest posts

Top Bottom