If you won the lottery... where would you live???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 places for me too. Probably one in the rockies around Fort Collins or maybe northern New Mexico or even Idaho for summer and fall, and Florida/Georgia/Alabama for winter, definitely on the water with a big boat.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Laugh all you want, I'd buy my great grandparents place in Nebraska and start trying to buy all the land around it...there's a loop from river to road I think would be awesome to own.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would move from extended stay hotel to extended stay hotel ... Every month or two a different city. Stay just long enough to explore the sites, enjoy the local fauna and then toss a dart at a map, fill the car up and move on to the next adventure.

There are LOTS of advantages to being a loner at heart. If I have my way they will find me dead, in bed, in some place quiet and have to spend a month looking for any blood relatives I have, that don't claim me anyway.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But you can bet I would have somewhere to go to escape this summer heat.
Clifford_II.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly, I've lived on such a tight budget my entire life, I have no idea what to do with that kind of money. Other than cars and guns, I've never even shopped expensive stuff.

I'd want land, but the kind that you don't do anything with - ie, hunting meadow/woods. I have no desire to own/run a farm or ranch.

I want land enough to shoot out to 4-500 yds, a nice pistol/action range, and a couple nice shops.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Older guy here, be 70 soon. Thought about this question quite a bit over the past few years. Lived in the Tulsa area most of my life. Grew up poor but comfortable. Learned to get by with what you have and enjoy it. Got off on my own, worked hard and made a pretty good living for myself and was fortunate to find a bargain on a nice house close to the lake in the country just outside Tulsa. I am a lake person, so that worked out well for me.

Started up a business which consumed me for about 15 years which I sold for what seems to me similar to winning the lottery a few years back.

Yep bought a few extra toys, but basically living a good retired life enjoying the things I like to do in the same house I lived in. Just do not have the 6:15AM alarm and do not have to worry about paying the electric bill. Yep could go down and pay cash for a new truck, but why? My 2003 with 194K still runs and looks good, reliably gets me where I am going. I guess if I ever had a problem, I could call a tow truck.

Having the latest and greatest stuff could be a litter nicer, I guess. More stuff equals more maintenance. To me, just having the time to enjoy the stuff I already have is most important. Sitting in the hot tub by the fire ring drinking a few beers with no worries about anything I have control of is pretty nice. But also like others who like to travel, flying my plane down to the coast for some fresh seafood a few days is nice also. But I am not sure I would want to live there full time. I guess I could get used to it. Maybe.

I do know I always get a special feeling coming home from anywhere and sleeping in my own bed. Yep, it just feels like "home" to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom