If you won the lottery... where would you live???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand that. I'm more into the goose and duck hunting of northern Alberta. I've never seen anything like it, anywhere. Ducks and geese in the breeding grounds around La Crete have never seen a human. Layout blinds in the fields aren't necessary. Just setup the decoys, setup the blinds, and prepare to shoot. Thanks
28ec959f1753bc26cb965b5ce1aa21d7.jpg
Wow, thats a bunch of goose jerkey!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vancouver is in British Columbia. Some of the finest hunting in the world on the West side of Canada.
Victoria Island just off the coast from Vancouver has the highest population of bears per capita than anywhere in the world. We spent 8 days there two years ago and saw only one. Saw sign everywhere on our hikes, but no actual sightings.

Chichagof Island a few hundred miles north has the highest population of brown bears per square mile then any other place on earth.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2010/jun/10/bear-island/

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chichagof Island a few hundred miles north has the highest population of brown bears per square mile then any other place on earth.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2010/jun/10/bear-island/
True. This is a combo of black and Griz from what we were told and read.
The griz mainly stay on the north side of the island, we never got above the halfway point. All black bears there. Talked to a couple the other day that ventured to the north side of Vancouver island(which is pretty rough territory) and they said Griz sightings were pretty common. The resort they stayed at was right on a channel that was salt water. They had Griz and orca sightings from the resort balcony. Thats where I want to go next time we go back.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. That was the first day. I should post pictures of the other days. We gave all the "meat" to the local Mennonite community.

so, you just killed stuff for personal fun not to feed yourself. you are not a hunter IMO, simply someone who kills because they can. i shall now add you to the ignore list

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so, you just killed stuff for personal fun not to feed yourself. you are not a hunter IMO, simply someone who kills because they can. i shall now add you to the ignore list

Yes. Please ignore me. I also donate deer I shoot to the homeless.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's not a good statement you made. It's no different that donating deer to hunters feeding the hungry program.
I'm part of a DMAP program that kills an overpopulation of deer. I can't eat it all, so we donate the meat to an organization in a small town that distributes the meat to the elderly and those that because of injury or what ever can't get out to hunt.
I killed 16 does one season, and no bucks. Every ounce of that meat went to somebody that deserved it.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to fish daily in the summer, at Lake Overholser when I was a teenager. We donated carp daily to fishermen that wanted them. I loved to catch them, but wouldn't eat them. They showed us how to make dough bait. That was there meal. Will never forget.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've looked at Alaska but the wife says crime is terrible and I tell her to watch the OKC news... Overall, the cost of living in Oklahoma is very difficult to beat but with the lottery it wouldn't make a bit of difference what the cost of living is with all that money. Maybe I'd give some to the schools since the lottery was supposed to solve the school problems but didn't...

Latest posts

Top Bottom