If you won the lottery... where would you live???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All's I know is, when I lived in Ireland, I couldn't stand the flavor of any of the meat. Even steaks, even bacon (rashers there) had some kind of strange "off" taste. When I got back Stateside, everything was fine again. I was told that it was because in Ireland it was all grass-fed livestock, and they didn't grain-feed them for 30, 60 or 90 days before slaughtering. At the time, I didn't even know this was a thing. And honestly, I've never researched it, nor done an A/B comparison.

Anyone else can speak about this intelligently? I'm sure plenty here have had their own livestock slaughtered and processed, no?

I have no personal experience with grass fed vs. grain fed beef. But just the other day on a cooking show they were taste testing salted butter, and this one Irish butter was not popular because they said it had an off taste to Americans -- from the grass fed cows.

Here's the fancy way they talked about butter from grass fed cows '...Tasters were mixed on the “vegetal,” “grassy,” even “barnyard-y” flavors....These butters were herbaceous and earthy but a little too strong for some of our tasters, who favored nuanced, milk-forward butter...'
https://www.cookscountry.com/taste_tests/1553-salted-butter

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I'll play. If it was stupid lottery money like $50M or more take home here is what I'd do. I'd keep my current place in Costa Mesa, CA which is only 2 miles from the beach in Newport. I pretty much already have a a dream place on the North Shore of Kauai so my tropical desires are taken care of and a place to winter over if the need was there.

There are two places I would buy extensive properties. First would be in Montana. The Madison River Valley is complete magic and is our families happy place. Again, if it was stupid money i would be on a plane tomorrow closing this deal.
https://www.swanlandco.com/properties/mill-creek-ranch

The othe place i would by if these winnings happened in the next couple years would be several thousand acres in Oklahoma. Most likely within an hours drive of Tulsa. Maybe Osage, Pawnee, Payne, Creek or Tulsa Counties.

And I can hear some of you bitching about the CA guy buying up valuable land and ruining "our state". Ohhh, well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I can hear some of you *****ing about the CA guy buying up valuable land and ruining "our state". Ohhh, well.

I would sell you a quarter section to you because I would know for sure you would use it in the spirit of hunting and ownership in a heartbeat.

That being said, the history of rich folks from Ca, and other states taking over the west is a common and provable
occurrence. Ted Turner and others like him has just about ruined Montana.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere where they sell cold beer and there's a Braums on every corner. OKC in 2018.

I've had several friends who got absolutely HOOKED on Braum's while they were visiting Oklahoma. One was from Cali, another from FL. They couldn't get enough of that place. I mean, the guy from Cali tried to eat there morning, noon and night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom