If your fingerprints get rejected for SDA what happens?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipv125

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone wants to send off their prints lol but it’s the cost of being able to carry out of state. I have a family to protect and I’m willing to pay that cost.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do they kick your entire packet back or do they just send you a letter and you go get re printed? I dropped my application off today some of my fingers kept rejecting and they hit accept and sent me on my way lol, so I guess we will see.
I assume you mean by accepting, they rolled the print 4 or 5 times with an error and hit accept?

If so, they are running Crossmatch software. It's a great product, but a giant pain in the ass at times. If the 4 fingers and thumb flats for some reason don't match the rolls with appox 75% accuracy, it will throw out an error. Even when the print looks great. That system also thinks if it the accuracy rate isn't high enough, you got out of sync with the prints meaning you didn't roll thumb to pinky.

If your prints looked good and had decent ridge detail, you should be good. OSBI had or may still have a policy that you have to be rejected twice by an agency doing the prints, before they would print you. If you do get denied and have a letter, don't loose that letter. Keep it as they will need it.

hipv125

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at the denial statistics for the handgun permit from last year and 80 percent of denials were for improper application or something.

5. Submit the required fee and complete the application process as provided in Section 1290.12 of this title;
581 denials

I think I forgot to check what style fingerprints I was submitting because I didn’t know and they already had my application. I hope it doesn’t get denied lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom