If you're the praying type . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please say a prayer for my mom and dad. Mom's cancer markers are 10-12 higher now than this time last year. She's starting chemo tomorrow.

I think my brothers and I knew this day would eventually come, but it's never easy to deal with it regardless.

Thanks.
This sucks! Praying for you and the family.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please say a prayer for my mom and dad. Mom's cancer markers are 10-12 higher now than this time last year. She's starting chemo tomorrow.

I think my brothers and I knew this day would eventually come, but it's never easy to deal with it regardless.

Thanks.

Prayers to your mother. Some chemo cocktails can be pretty tough, but some are mild. Hopefully she gets the latter. For what it's worth, cancer treatments have been improving at an incredible pace! The medical field is nothing short of amazing.

I just finished up my chemo treatments yesterday (2nd time around going through them) and will start radiation (again) probably next week.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prayers to your mother. Some chemo cocktails can be pretty tough, but some are mild. Hopefully she gets the latter. For what it's worth, cancer treatments have been improving at an incredible pace! The medical field is nothing short of amazing.

I just finished up my chemo treatments yesterday (2nd time around going through them) and will start radiation (again) probably next week.

Thanks. I'm hoping she does as well. I think that's the biggest thing she's afraid is not knowing how she'll react.

Mom had went through radiation treatments 15 or 16 years ago.

stevie_d

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will pray for your Mom - keep an eye on her diet also. Cancer thrives on sugar and seed oils but some doctors are *really* clueless about this. My wife's uncle is on chemo and his doctor has told him to eat more and said "I don't care what - get a bunch of food from Sonic and a huge shake every day" - that's *terrible* advice for a cancer patient, as fried foods (everything at Sonic) are cooked in cheap, oxidized, harmful seed oils, and all their drinks are nothing but synthetic sugars.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got to visit with mom yesterday. She looked really good and seemed to be feeling good as well. Whatever "drugs" they gave her yesterday to help with the nausea and pain must have really been the "good stuff".

Thank you for all of your continued prayers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom