If you've had COVID read this...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A PSA of sorts.

My son-in-law had COVID a few months ago. Pretty nasty case but didn't require hospitalization, I personally think he got very close to being hospitalized though, they were treating him for full blown pneumonia at the end of it. He finally shook it off and returned to work after roughly 5 weeks.

He's in his early '40s and in excellent shape, he works out seriously and it shows. Shortly before COVID he was doing pushups with each of his his feet and hands on top of a medicine ball. He even used to be vegetarian but meeting my daughter and smelling bacon on a regular basis fixed that.
wink.png

Creatine level (last I heard was 1.7) and has been creeping higher and higher and protein in his urine also. All other labs are good. His doctor told him to ditch all his supplements, of which there were many awhile back but things didn't improve.

He got bad news today. 70% scarring on a kidney biopsy. They are probably going to be doing dialysis soon and an eventual kidney transplant. They are going to try chemo and long term steroids to prolong the life of his kidneys but they (2 different nephrologists) aren't even sure that it will be beneficial. He's had no issues or history prior to COVID and they are pointing to it as the cause. I'm not seeing any good outcome here. Get checked out if you see anything out of your norm.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Sorry to hear about your Son In Law. One always wonders if the covid actually was the cause or was caused because of it. We think the wife and I both have had covid although we never have tested for antibodies. Didn't see the reason to do so. We both lost our sense of smell in January. Wife is getting some back, mine is still zero which is disconcerting for me as my sense of smell has been a great part of my life being able to smell different odors.
Lots of reports of people losing on of their senses gaining in others. Losing my hearing years ago seemed to enhance my sense of smell.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your son in law.

How long had he been taking the supplements?

I’ve read the excessive protein consumption can cause similar kidney issues.

I pray he can recover quickly.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Since he was healthy prior to covid, had he ever had a full panel test to see if he had protein in his urine prior to compare with?

Latest posts

Top Bottom