IHOP Edmond is dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Sunnyside sucks, i don't know must have caught them on bad days when i went. i went to the one on classen in the sosa district since i worked over there. big crowd every day, figured i'd try it.

prices were really expensive, portions WAY too small, and it wasn't even good!

bev's pancake house is about it for me in terms of breakfast food in okc. you have to go after midnight tho, if you go during actual breakfast hours it sucks lol. you WANT to eat with the crazies, trust me.

but if you really want good breakfast food you just have to make it yourself. nobody can make biscuits and gravy like me, i get it.

now hollandaise? sure, i'll go out for it lol. for fancy breakfast the pearl's brunch menu is pretty dang good. if i'm paying i at least want it to be something i'm not willing to make myself lol. gimme dat crawfish omelet omg.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Hunny Bunny Biscuit Co is alright, I would even say mediocre at best, Theyre real expensive though. The original off 23rd street is better than the one off memorial. Took the wife there a few days ago and we both got out meals plus two fancy coffees and I was out $70, which I thought was a little steep.

Holy crap. What in the world did you guys order? My wife and I can eat there for half that.

Raptor62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys have a favorite breakfast diner in the Edmond/NOKC area? We usually hit IHOP when we're in a breakfast away from home mood, but that place has turned into a heap of trash after Corona. We went yesterday and they have tiles falling off the hostess platform onto the floor. The floors were dirty, and even with a waiting area full of people they had at least 8 tables empty. No one was at the hostess counter taking names or attempting to make a list.

Finally sat down (party of four) and couldn't get silverware to save our lives, had to get it ourselves. And napkins. And crayons for he kids. I just raided the waiter's booth after the third trip. I just want a place I can reliably come in, sit down, have a nice cup of coffee and some eggs and sausage without feeling like I'm tipping myself for my superior waiting skills and without driving 20 miles.
:(
So disappointed that ihop has gone downhill... Before covid we had breakfast there often.
Neighborhood Jam opened a new place on 2nd in Edmond near i35 and that is our favorite now. Occasionally we go to Cracker barrel at 122nd and i35 also consistently good.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always though IHOP was overpriced, good food but too pricy. I prefer Jimmys Egg for the quality and value but not all Jimmys Egg are equal I have found. The one in Newcastle isnt all that good. The one on Council and reno is my preference.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best breakfast place is Sunnyside Diner taste wise. Unfortunately they are raging libs.

I need to try Hunnybunny Biscuit Co.

Jimmy's Egg is very average.
Your not wrong about about the libtard part on sunny side diner, we went in there one time back during the scamdemnic and they had posted COVID rules and regulations all over the wall and when I asked for a straw they gave me a paper one. I didn't think the food was all that great definitely not worth the hassle and standing in line for. It was the one on 89th and western

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always though IHOP was overpriced, good food but too pricy. I prefer Jimmys Egg for the quality and value but not all Jimmys Egg are equal I have found. The one in Newcastle isnt all that good. The one on Council and reno is my preference.
I can confirm, the one in Newcastle isn't that good at all.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buffalo Grill on NW 23rd and Council has good food at a reasonable price. Its nothing facey inside. Jimmys Round up Cafe is hands down my favorite for breakfast or dinner but its not real close to me. The Neiborhood there is sketchy too but they welcome gun carry.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Your not wrong about about the libtard part on sunny side diner, we went in there one time back during the scamdemnic and they had posted COVID rules and regulations all over the wall and when I asked for a straw they gave me a paper one. I didn't think the food was all that great definitely not worth the hassle and standing in line for. It was the one on 89th and western
again, the normies that line up for that place would think i invented biscuits n gravy. i have no idea what people see in that place. tried it multiple times, got something different, everything sucked. my dates thought the same thing.

i could name plenty of brunch menus that are 10x as good for about the same price or lower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom