IHOP Edmond is dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of you guys have a favorite breakfast diner in the Edmond/NOKC area? We usually hit IHOP when we're in a breakfast away from home mood, but that place has turned into a heap of trash after Corona. We went yesterday and they have tiles falling off the hostess platform onto the floor. The floors were dirty, and even with a waiting area full of people they had at least 8 tables empty. No one was at the hostess counter taking names or attempting to make a list.

Finally sat down (party of four) and couldn't get silverware to save our lives, had to get it ourselves. And napkins. And crayons for he kids. I just raided the waiter's booth after the third trip. I just want a place I can reliably come in, sit down, have a nice cup of coffee and some eggs and sausage without feeling like I'm tipping myself for my superior waiting skills and without driving 20 miles.
:(

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best breakfast place is Sunnyside Diner taste wise. Unfortunately they are raging libs.

I need to try Hunnybunny Biscuit Co.

Jimmy's Egg is very average.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Breakfast is the best meal. I agree Sunnyside Diner food is good but only been to the one on MacArthur. Didn't even know about the one in Edmond. Will have to try that.

Food is pretty good at Metrodiner on Memorial and May but my wife says coffee isn't.

Our go-to for breakfast however, is Neighborhood Jam at NW150 and Penn. Kinda loud sometimes.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys have a favorite breakfast diner in the Edmond/NOKC area? We usually hit IHOP when we're in a breakfast away from home mood, but that place has turned into a heap of trash after Corona. We went yesterday and they have tiles falling off the hostess platform onto the floor. The floors were dirty, and even with a waiting area full of people they had at least 8 tables empty. No one was at the hostess counter taking names or attempting to make a list.

Finally sat down (party of four) and couldn't get silverware to save our lives, had to get it ourselves. And napkins. And crayons for he kids. I just raided the waiter's booth after the third trip. I just want a place I can reliably come in, sit down, have a nice cup of coffee and some eggs and sausage without feeling like I'm tipping myself for my superior waiting skills and without driving 20 miles.
:(
We usually hit up that Hunny Bunny Biscuit place near Lowe's at Covell and Kelly after church if we're in the mood for breakfast.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Breakfast is the best meal. I agree Sunnyside Diner food is good but only been to the one on MacArthur. Didn't even know about the one in Edmond. Will have to try that.

Food is pretty good at Metrodiner on Memorial and May but my wife says coffee isn't.

Our go-to for breakfast however, is Neighborhood Jam at NW150 and Penn. Kinda loud sometimes.
In addition to these spots, we also like Granny's Kitchen . . . there are several decent breakfast places around.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Hunny Bunny Biscuit Co is alright, I would even say mediocre at best, Theyre real expensive though. The original off 23rd street is better than the one off memorial. Took the wife there a few days ago and we both got out meals plus two fancy coffees and I was out $70, which I thought was a little steep.

Sunnyside off 2nd and broadway is pretty good, if you're trying to have a little alcohol with your brunch though be careful, they make 'em strooooong there.

Neighborhood Jam is our brunch/breakfast spot of choice. Everything is consistent, even across different locations. Prices are reasonable, good selection, and its all dang good. You can get really solid regular drip coffee, very good fancy coffee (I really like their cortado's), and even some of the best coffee based alcoholic drinks in the state there, in my humble opinion. Service is typically decent-great, which is hard to find now.

If you wanna go a little further south and have a little nicer breakfast, maybe something nice with the wife or family, I suggest Kitchen 324 or Cheevers. Both are absolutely fantastic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom