IHOP Edmond is dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our IHOP in Yukon bottomed out pretty bad during covid, but seems to be coming back a little. A Waffle House opened right next to it, so maybe they got a kick in the pants.

I like Jimmy's ok. However, my kid informed me he likes my waffles better than Jimmy's. I told him we could eat Members Mark pancake mix waffles all he wanted, lol.

Eating out has gotten so expensive that it's getting hard to enjoy for me. The four of us spent almost $70 for breakfast at IHOP last time. You can't make an omelet and pancake I enjoy that much.

PiedmontGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Rocky Mountain Grill for the Edmond area but if you really want a good breakfast, adventure up to Guthrie and go to Katie's Diner at 1st and Cleveland. They do biscuit and gravy right. It is my favorite for breakfast since Pioneer Pies closed. I will occasionally go to the Waffle House but it isn't great. Don't waste your time on Cracker Barrel. It isn't worth my time to wait on Neighborhood Jam. Metro is pretty good. Granny's Kitchen is pretty good. Black Bear Diner is mediocre. I also heard that Pepperoni Grill has a good brunch on Sundays.

Has anyone tried First Bite?

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has been 4 years since we ate out for breakfast. We always liked Sunnyside in Moore. Not sure if open now.

Black Bear Diner is mediocre
Jimmys Egg also " "

Last edited:

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the All American Restaurant on Reno and Air Depot the other morning. Breakfast was darn good. Ordered "the slop", was quite tasty.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Neighborhood Jam is our brunch/breakfast spot of choice. Everything is consistent, even across different locations. Prices are reasonable, good selection, and its all dang good. You can get really solid regular drip coffee, very good fancy coffee (I really like their cortado's), and even some of the best coffee based alcoholic drinks in the state there, in my humble opinion. Service is typically decent-great, which is hard to find now.
I don't know how the Neighborhood Jam in Edmond is, but I'm a big fan of the one in Norman. Best Huevos Rancheros I've had anywhere. A bit on the pricey side, but not altogether horrible. Especially considering how much it costs to eat out in general these days. Seems like my wife and I can't eat out for less than 30 bucks anymore, and that includes fast food.

Latest posts

Top Bottom