IHOP Edmond is dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I think pay has some bearing on it. Not as much as it used to, pre inflation for sure.
Ok, me using "regardless" was a poor word choice. Most service type establishments can't compete with Onlyfans revenue. The average wage rate for folks I know who employ has risen $3-5 more an hour and you're getting people that don't show up to work. Heck success rate on applicants showing up is less than 50% for job interviews.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
@joegrizzy, sunny side can be very location and staff specific. The ‘S’ in S&B burgers is the owner of sunny side . They have 5 I think and are looking at #6. It’s a good friend of mine and a fraternity brother. All that said, there are options I like better…

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
@joegrizzy, sunny side can be very location and staff specific. The ‘S’ in S&B burgers is the owner of sunny side . They have 5 I think and are looking at #6. It’s a good friend of mine and a fraternity brother. All that said, there are options I like better…
ahhh that makes sense. i figured there was another already successful chain in the mix since they sprouted up fairly quick, are all pretty fancy looking (i think that brings in the normie crowd) and serves what i consider to be food that doesn't cut it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were mentioned earlier, but I'll chime in as well for Good Gravy Diner on Western. However, they are closed on Monday and Tuesday and their hours for the rest of the week are 7:00 am to 1:00 pm. I would verify the hours though as they may open at a different time. Check the menu at the link below to check on prices, although one never knows if a business keeps their website up to date.

Good Gravy Diner

Good Gravy Diner Map.jpg

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is not in the OKC metro area, it's down in the SE corner of Oklahoma, and it's a good cafe. I'm going to take a trip down there one of these days just for the tee shirt and coffee cup. Enjoy:

It's in talihina and I wouldn't call it a good Cafe. More like the only cafe in town.

MikePAC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of you guys have a favorite breakfast diner in the Edmond/NOKC area? We usually hit IHOP when we're in a breakfast away from home mood, but that place has turned into a heap of trash after Corona. We went yesterday and they have tiles falling off the hostess platform onto the floor. The floors were dirty, and even with a waiting area full of people they had at least 8 tables empty. No one was at the hostess counter taking names or attempting to make a list.

Finally sat down (party of four) and couldn't get silverware to save our lives, had to get it ourselves. And napkins. And crayons for he kids. I just raided the waiter's booth after the third trip. I just want a place I can reliably come in, sit down, have a nice cup of coffee and some eggs and sausage without feeling like I'm tipping myself for my superior waiting skills and without driving 20 miles.
:(
The Hive is good food and good price. Owner wears a KABAR 24/7 on belt, but is NOT friendly. Joeys has two spots in Edmond now. Great food, decent prices. New “Big Biscuit” on Danforth and Santa Fe was Great Sunday, but had to wait awhile for soccer teams to clear out.

MikePAC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Hive is good food and good price. Owner wears a KABAR 24/7 on belt, but is NOT friendly. Joeys has two spots in Edmond now. Great food, decent prices. New “Big Biscuit” on Danforth and Santa Fe was Great Sunday, but had to wait awhile for soccer teams to clear out.
We like the Hatch and Neighborhood Jam food but pricey and I can’t hear my wife in either of those places.

Latest posts

Top Bottom