I'll soon be selling a few of my hand guns. Top shelf and I'll be fair on the prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been considering downsizing for quite some time, but haven't made myself do it yet. There are some I will never sell, and hopefully my son will appreciate them as much as I do. I'll turn loose of mostly long guns and I've already picked out the first two or three I'll probably sell. Just can't force myself to pull the trigger (pun intended). Good luck @steelfingers ! I'm trying to make myself QUIT buying in preparation for downsizing!

Just quit thinking of them as art objects and think of them as tools in a tool box. So what if they get scratched. So what if they get some rounds put through them. They were born to shoot not sit on a shelf.

Like Martin Milner told a story about a boat kit. I was a kid I bought a boat kit. I took pains putting it together and painting it and rigging it. I couldn't wait to get to the lake and sail it.
I finally got it to the lake and was sailing it and a ski boat came along and the wake was so big I almost lost it. I rescued the boat and put it on top of my dresser where I could watch it and protect it never to enjoy it in the water again.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to call but it turns out Adam's Home For Wayward Unwanted Firearms is a sexual reassignment clinic.

Someone named Steelfingers called our phone number looking for Adam. Could you please call us back...I think we can help you with eliminating unwanted items.

EA4B880B546D4979BD4F7D0C845AE75D.jpg

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just quit thinking of them as art objects and think of them as tools in a tool box. So what if they get scratched. So what if they get some rounds put through them. They were born to shoot not sit on a shelf.

Like Martin Milner told a story about a boat kit. I was a kid I bought a boat kit. I took pains putting it together and painting it and rigging it. I couldn't wait to get to the lake and sail it.
I finally got it to the lake and was sailing it and a ski boat came along and the wake was so big I almost lost it. I rescued the boat and put it on top of my dresser where I could watch it and protect it never to enjoy it in the water again.
I know that guns are tools. We used them to help put food on the table, my brothers and I. But that was normal because all my friends were poor too and we loved hunting and fishing. I get what the purpose of them are and appreciate the function. I also think, and always have, they are works of art and mechanical genius. The inventive genius of that Browning, Colt and others is almost magic. No computers or formulas you can copy. You had to design and test a highly dangerous weapon. from making the springs to forging the barrel...wow. It's like making a watch from scratch where each part could explode in your face at any second. Also the beauty that is a functioning firearm. After 55 years (yeah I know I 65) of taking them apart and reassembling, I'm still in awe. Anyone can paint. Look at Pollard but few could create a 1911. IMO

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always since age 11 or 12 liked guns, back in the fifties I could buy a shotgun for $8.00 or so. I like watches also, I bought several cheapies that failed to work like $3.00 pocket watches and now I have a Rolex sub but never wear it so.. Anyway I have over 40 guns, half a dozen rifles M1 Garands, a couple Rockola Carbines ad a couple others that I can't think of the brands or names. Pistols-I gave a .45 Cal Wyatt Earp 12" long barrel Ruger to a Grandson, and the most expensive model I have is a Colt .45 Defender. The sad part is that I have never shot the Colt or may of the other guns since Ive moved to "the city." So one day I am going to have to thin them out so the wife won't have to deal with them like some of you.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't own a gun that hasn't been shot. All of mine are shooters, but some of them are also 'collectible.' Still others are important because of their background ... who they belonged to, who built them, etc. I don't want that history to die with me, so my son will know the full story of some of them before I go. I believe he has already heard all the stories, but it probably needs to be reinforced.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always since age 11 or 12 liked guns, back in the fifties I could buy a shotgun for $8.00 or so. I like watches also, I bought several cheapies that failed to work like $3.00 pocket watches and now I have a Rolex sub but never wear it so.. Anyway I have over 40 guns, half a dozen rifles M1 Garands, a couple Rockola Carbines ad a couple others that I can't think of the brands or names. Pistols-I gave a .45 Cal Wyatt Earp 12" long barrel Ruger to a Grandson, and the most expensive model I have is a Colt .45 Defender. The sad part is that I have never shot the Colt or may of the other guns since Ive moved to "the city." So one day I am going to have to thin them out so the wife won't have to deal with them like some of you.
I dig where you're coming from.....as they would say in my day

Latest posts

Top Bottom