Illinois Sheriffs Say They Will Not Help Cover Chicago Police Shortage Due to Vaccine Mandate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep - I always refer back to the chicken fighting referendum. Three towns decided what the whole state could do. How many of the voters in that decision had ever been to a cockfight involving chicken do you reckon?

Yep ... Mayor Holt and his inner city living young professional millennials are completely reworking the downtown area. Far as I can tell they still have a sizable homeless population to deal with, but that is definitely spreading out to areas that surprise me (my neighborhood, for instance). I should have figured once they developed Lake Overholser and that area west of the lake it would happen.

I am having to deal with homeless people every night at work now. And I imagine that is only gonna get worse with cooler weather. Hell, no one can sit on a bus bench between my house and work (and there are a LOT of them) for homeless people sleeping on them all hours of the day and night. And I've seen OCPD drive right past them like they weren't even there.

Times, they are interesting, that's for sure.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep ... Mayor Holt and his inner city living young professional millennials are completely reworking the downtown area. Far as I can tell they still have a sizable homeless population to deal with, but that is definitely spreading out to areas that surprise me (my neighborhood, for instance). I should have figured once they developed Lake Overholser and that area west of the lake it would happen.

I am having to deal with homeless people every night at work now. And I imagine that is only gonna get worse with cooler weather. Hell, no one can sit on a bus bench between my house and work (and there are a LOT of them) for homeless people sleeping on them all hours of the day and night. And I've seen OCPD drive right past them like they weren't even there.

Times, they are interesting, that's for sure.

It's just a matter of time before this is an Oklahoma headline.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211023-041632_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211023-041632_Chrome.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 36

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep - I always refer back to the chicken fighting referendum. Three towns decided what the whole state could do. How many of the voters in that decision had ever been to a cockfight involving chicken do you reckon?
Need to change it to the number of counties won. everyone still votes, but the change is that the number of counties won decide if something passes or not. That way the large cities do not get to decide everything for the state.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a Cali refugee, you should be.
Most people who come to Oklahoma are coming because it’s seen as a right wing bastion.
However, there are people who try to get businesses to move here. Those people should be hung from lampposts. Bringing businesses and money here will bring the type of people we don’t want here.

Some of us have been here long enough to understand Okies also tend to whine about about living and dying with the price of oil/energy.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, anybody wanna do some chootin this weekend ?
We can make it an ENS if we get on the net and find a small pizza joint still surviving..
New ENS, location Chicago.. Let's keep the bling bling to a minimum so you don't stand out..

Latest posts

Top Bottom