I'm Boycotting AT&T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Done with all their services. A friend told me of a cell phone service called Google FI...anyone have any experience with it?
He said hes used it for about 4 years and he travels alot and always has had good sevice. And its WAY cheaper than ATT.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think I'd use anything google...like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.
We have two phones to close out and then I'm going with one of the obscure little brand services that all the bigs and the foxnews watchers bash.
What would those be?
And why do you think a google service is bad?

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I have to shop around - looking at Patriot, Mint, Visible, and Boost and a few others. Even T-Mobile but I think they are getting way too big but they still have decent rates.
If I didn't do half my work on my phone, I'd be using trac phones from wallyworld with prepay cards.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to shop around - looking at Patriot, Mint, Visible, and Boost and a few others. Even T-Mobile but I think they are getting way too big but they still have decent rates.
If I didn't do half my work on my phone, I'd be using trac phones from wallyworld with prepay cards.
Those are just AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile , and us cellular with potentially worse customer service, but better prices. Visible (Verizon’s budget carrier) I’ve found tempting but I’d need to buy new phones. Mint uses T-Mobile…

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Google fi uses T-Mobile and us cellular for their providers.

The obscure providers are virtual carriers, they use T-Mobile, Verizon, att, or us cellulars network.
They aren't the service providers. The small companies are the service providers and ride the networks like T-Mobile used to. T-Mobile didn't have a network for the longest time but paid for riding the networks of ATT, Verizon, and Sprint.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never had an issue with Tmobile until I went to WA and everything was Sprint and Verizon. Went back to NC and couldn't get the awesome service I had before so went with ATT. Now I think they're probably all the same.

Besides, they all ride each others networks anyway...if Verizon built a tower out in some sh*thole in NM, your ATT will hop on it, and vice versa, because they all have agreements to do so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom