I'm Boycotting AT&T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AT&T is liberal as is several other providers. I read where AMAC.com has one that is both reasonable as well as conservative. Like someone said, they all use the same networks and I checked and the prices on AMAC are actually about the same as AT&T. They all charge too dang much!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We use AT&T for our provider. Every where we travel in the RV we have friends with the other services that are with us that have to come use our phones to make calls. It’s not just in the boondocks either. Currently just east of Phoenix AZ. Anyone using Verizon has zero signal. We have 4 bars.
That’s what we find everywhere in over 18 states.
If one is static and not moving around, I’d certainly try one of the trac phones. Seem to work everywhere. Even in the Middle East as triggers for IED’s or burner phones for criminals in the US.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm using Mint now. It's been good so far. I think it's on T-Mobile around here. I have had it for
over a year now. I was on Verizon and it was good too, but Mint is a lot cheaper. I see ad's on tv
that USCellular has unlimited plan and one line for $30. You might check that out. I used them
a long time ago and they were ok.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
T Mobile used to be horrible about 10 years ago so I switched to ATT. Has T Mobile improved?
I'm a T-Mobile customer by virtue of their purchase of Sprint. Sprint did some customer service-related things better, but I don't have much to complain about when it comes to T-Mobile.

FWIW, no matter which carrier you choose, Sprint/T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT$T own the towers and the spectrum licenses, so some of your money is going back to one (or all) of them even if you choose an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator--basically every cellular service provider that's not T-Mobile, Verizon, or AT$T) as your service provider. If you really want to minimize the money going to AT$T, check which networks an MVNO uses before you do business with them. A LOT of MVNOs used to ride on Sprint's network, but I don't know if that's still true post T-Mobile acquisition.

As for Google Fi, I think the issues are more related to privacy than to anything technical. If you don't mind Google knowing everything you're doing, there's probably nothing wrong with using their service.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Verizon. A few years of ATT back in the mid 2000’s will keep me from them forever.
I pay about $120 for the highest package with service for my main cell phone a iPad and an apple watch.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dumped ATT about 3 months ago after 35 + years. Went to Tmobile for half the price and also got the home internet which is great. Don't have internet where I am at except for things like hughes which sucks.
My bill went from $280 for2 lines down to $122 for 2 lines and the home internet!

J-pitch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got fed up with AT T years ago went to Sprint and they sold to Tmobile neither of them were much better than ATT . Now I have Consumer Cellular same towers as ATT but way less expensive and hassle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom