I'm contemplating taking up deer hunting again....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's all a bit disappointing. Would like to expect a little more from the sportsmen out there..
To clarify, clarify, I didn’t intend to state that hunters are stealing from other hunters. The issue is that thieves know where hunters park to access public land and use the parking areas as shopping malls.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I plan on going to the canton WMA this year, except Im going to ruck into the nastiest swampiest thing I can find and manage. If I see anyone that deep in the muck, then they are probably worth becoming friends with.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1661510452608-png.1069261

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This sorta relates to the above post.

Can't recall which WMA it was now because it's been so long ago but I'm up in my tree stand well before day break then just at good shooting light I hear something headed my way and I figured that this going to be a quick / easy hunt......boy was I wrong.

I don't know if he was on the way to his stand or still hunting but some bozo comes walking down the creek bottom then stops about 75 yds. out in front of me then drops his britches and took his morning dump.

I was madder than a wet hornet but what can you do ?......it's public land and he had as much right to be there as I did and when you gotta go you gotta go.

Not wanting to go back to the truck just yet I stayed in my stand for another hour or so then pulled my tree stand and headed in.

I did end up getting a deer that year but it was on private land and I never hunted public land again.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Friend of mine has 80 acres of thick woods and he was supposed to be on one end and I was on the other.
I see him walking towards me and then stops and looks around and picks a leaf off a low hanging tree branch and nods his head in a yes fashion and starts unzipping his coveralls.
I thought he does not even see me.
No tree stand mind you I just pick a nice tree and climb into it or ground hunt.

About the time he begins to squat to remove coveralls I holler NOT RIGHT THERE!!!!!

He quickly pulls up his coveralls and looks around and i had to talk for him to find me.

We both walked out together and I scared that POOP back into him.
He did not crap for over 2 hours.

He told me he would have waited until I was in mid poop drop and then fire a shot off.

I should have waited I just can't think as mean as he does.
DO NOT ever weld for him when he is behind you.
He always has fire crackers in his pocket to roll under you at the best moments.

I have been crackled so many times by him I do not even flinch anymore.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hunt Public land and I tow a trailer behind a car so yes I suppose.

It is just a big squirrel.
You can lay it on it's side and cut the hide down the middle of the back and peel it over towards the legs and remove all meat.
No need for a large work area.
Put meat in ice chest and take home and process.

I have offered this up every year.
Offer.
I have a meat grinder and can grind and show you how to package the meat for free.
I will help package and you must buy the saran wrap and freezer paper and tape though.

I have large tables to make things easier.
It really is not difficult.
I like to soak my deer meat in water and remove the blood first though.
I have a vacuum sealer and plenty of bags. I hope your offer is still good in a month or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom