I'm drag racing tonight Thunder valley.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I did drive the 2015 supercharged Mustang yesterday.
Yes I drove it hard also.
It does not come out of the hole super fast.. but should cut at least 1.8 60 foot times not the 2.1 he pulled.
It feels down on power just towards reaching the 6000 rpm mark.
Seems really strong from 4000-5800 with the supercharger.
You better be able to shift really quick and in a hurry with those 3.73 gears and 6 speed.
The gear shifts come really quick.
Overall the car feels heavy and a bit darty. I wanted to check tire air pressure on it but was working on his 355" SBC for his truck. and forgot about the Mustang.

500+ wheel HP I thought would feel much stronger. I wonder if that dyno he went to lied a bit.
Or if 500 at the wheels in that car just don't cut the mustard for me.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
106178-b7e1941ea8db5163fe4c94d654cb9705.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last time I got the 57 weighed with me in it the scales said 3750 and I am 200 lbs.
But I did remove the hood and put light tires on the front. but the tunnel-ram and two 4 barrels weighed more than the RPM intake and one 4 barrel.

My 1947 Dodge truck is 3376 with me in it last time I weighed it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Power to weight ratio then applying the power to the ground within the optimized time parameters on a finite linear space. Simple.

:anyone:

ssx2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a quick drive by assessment no offense. That 3:70 gear is gonna get your mph where it should be, and that convertor is a bit much. Harmonics at rpm could be a handful of things, my last run in with it was with a 468/400 combo in a 64 El Camino it was a out of balance D/S I had it built and it lost a weight.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a quick drive by assessment no offense. That 3:70 gear is gonna get your mph where it should be, and that convertor is a bit much

I do not take any offense. It's just fun and racing.

On the wheel dyno my engine made max Torque at 4700 rpm, to come out of the hole at max Torque would accelerate the car very quick.
I feel the converter is great. This is an odd converter as it slips less at high speed than my 2500 stall cheapo TCI or B&M.
Maybe not an odd converter just a Coan which is not so cheap.

I agree the 3.70 gear may do better.
But the 57 is going back to 3.70 gear with no spool just the clutched Ford carrier.
And the 2500 stall is going back in.. I already stuck the single 4 and RPM intake back on it.

So it is going back to boat pulling duty.
I plan on hitting webbers falls a lot.

So the lighter Vehicle in my stash is getting a makeover.
The 1947 dodge truck and it is getting the 4500 stall Coan and the 4.56 with a spool and the 906 vortec heads I ported last year are on it and have been doing very well with the roller cam.

Roller cam is on it's way to being pulled out.I got my Joe Gibbs Driven break in oil ready and a solid flat tappet I have been holding on to for a few years is getting stuck into the 357" SBC.
252@ .050 on a 106LSA with .536" lift.

See if I can get the truck into the 11's.
Currently it runs 2 lengths in front of my buddies 6.0 truck that ran 13.50.
It has 3.25 rear gears in it now.

No driveshaft vibration issues in it.
I have spun it to 6500 RPM many times in high gear and a couple times with the 2.75 rear gear.
That little truck will run some MPH.
Spun it to 6500rpm in high ( with more in it) at Abel racing on Moboost's dyno and he said NO more of that.. 2nd gear pulls for that one from now on.
It was 165 or 167 MPH on the dyno.

I bet I have made 30 pulls on his dyno in that truck.
Change things and just want to retest and see AFR ratio and HP loss or gain.

Just fun stuff like shooting ammo you load.

Latest posts

Top Bottom