I'm going to share this against my better judgement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But this is my post on Facebook and this is my actual brother. He committed suicide by cop in 2012. Our representatives need to get from us, that we need mental healthcare for our citizens more than we need gun control.

Why are we talking about gun control and not talking about protecting the public and themselves from the mentally ill? I've been there. I've spent months begging government agencies and healthcare facilities for help with a mentally ill brother, then, we buried him. My brother Bobby died because of the lack of mental healthcare that is available in this country. Somewhere in the Tulsa area, there is a cop and 3 brothers asking themselves every day, "what could I have done differently to help this person".

As a nation, we need to pull our heads out of our asses and get our **** straight. Mass shootings weren't a frequent occurrence before the 2000's, hell, we learned firearms safety in public schools.

Disarming or limiting the firearms available to the law abiding public will not stop mass shootings. Fixing the mentally ill, might. It might not, but it's a better place to start than blaming evil looking rifles and magazine capacities.

I miss you, you goofy bastard. I miss you too Granny.
https://www.facebook.com/jeff.sutton.754
bobby and granny.jpg

I normally don't get this emotional, but I'm so tired of the talk about gun control. Guns are not the issue!
Feel free to criticize me for whatever on here, but not on my Facebook....lol

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would agree that we need actual mental healthcare, and we need to remove the stigma of mental healthcare. Using it as reason to disarm the nation will only cause more people to avoid asking for help.
Sorry to hear about your brother. My little brother has wasted his life using drugs and is currently ruining his kids lives too.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But this is my post on Facebook and this is my actual brother. He committed suicide by cop in 2012. Our representatives need to get from us, that we need mental healthcare for our citizens more than we need gun control.

View attachment 114371

I normally don't get this emotional, but I'm so tired of the talk about gun control. Guns are not the issue!
Feel free to criticize me for whatever on here, but not on my Facebook....lol

It’s hard thing to deal with. I’ve had 3 good friends and a neighbor take their lives. It still hurts. Wished I would have realized more what what was up at the time. I talked with them almost daily. I felt guilty I couldn’t help.

RIP Chuck, Phil, DJ, and Mike. Hope you are at peace finally.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've lost two siblings one was 26 the other 38, you're never totally over it. You are absolutely correct on the mental healthcare aspect it was the major factor in both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom