I'm in the mood to spend some money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a new knife. I been hearing lots of good reviews of Benchmade. And I want a quality knife that has a top of the line blade that holds and edge and is easy to sharpen. Spring assit auto opening also.
I have a Herbertz spring assist and I do like it but dang that steel is hard to get and edge on. It says AISI 420...is that like exceptionally hard steel or what?
Anyway, school ,e know auto opening knives that are quality for their price.
Thanks

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
On a new knife. I been hearing lots of good reviews of Benchmade. And I want a quality knife that has a top of the line blade that holds and edge and is easy to sharpen. Spring assit auto opening also.
I have a Herbertz spring assist and I do like it but dang that steel is hard to get and edge on. It says AISI 420...is that like exceptionally hard steel or what?
Anyway, school ,e know auto opening knives that are quality for their price.
Thanks

Man do I have a deal for you. See my benchmade ad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of ZT knives for folders (spring assisted) but all my autos are microtech "out the front" and I can't really see me carrying anything else... But that benchmade in the classifieds is a good deal.

heavysmoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Benchmade makes good knives. I'm not crazy about some of their politics. The AFO auto has an excellent track record of performing. In similar price ranges you also have several models from pro-tech or hogue. Protech has been around for a long time and has a very tough action, the choice of steels is limited somewhat. Hogue has a smaller line but very good build quality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom