I'm so sick of this COVID-19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I'm so sick of this COVID-19"

Note the title of this thread? That's one reason I merged the initial deluge of threads. But there is no need to hide anything; I won't be merging any more Corona Virus Threads. So post away. I do fear that, like the virus itself, these threads will continue to spread and soon, threaten to overtake the site. My good-intentioned effort to consolidate CV info (to flatten the curve) was not well received by some. A few got majorly pissed off even. Like biggly torqued. Dang, I'm really sorry I did it now, but hindsight is 20-20 as they say. So have at it; create as many new threads as you like. It's really okay anyway, it gives us something to do besides watch the talking heads tell us to wash our hands and stay 6 feet away, avoid crowds of more than 10...blah blah blah.

Now in response to the OP, yeah, I'm sick of it too. Part of it is cabin fever. I am becoming emotionally attached to my living room area, as that is where I spend most of my time, between naps that is. I am to the point of rearranging furniture and maybe even painting so we can pretend we're somewhere different for the next who knows how many weeks... months.

What kills me is the number of people who aren't taking this pandemic as serious as I believe they should. ("It's not gonna stop me from partying"). As of right now, 0700 on March 21, this thing is killing over 1 person an hour in NYC. We are days away from being like Italy was a few weeks ago. Millions of people have lost their jobs, and millions have no one to help them in these times. The feeling of being unable to fight, not even knowing if we have something or what to fight yet, is taking its mental and emotional toll.

I'm sick of there being no tests. But then, how does that even matter? With an incubation period of up to 14 days before you show symptoms, a NEG result might make some feel "safe" and so off they go, to cough and hack on other people as they search for even more toilet paper to buy.

I need to have 2 relatively minor procedures done, but I can't get them taken care of right now, so I will have to live with it. Stones in the biliary system and a recurrent UTI are not enough to get me to the doctor, as the hospitals can't devote resources for things like that now. It's as if we have suddenly, in the blink of an eye gone from a 1st World to a 3rd World country in some respects. I have a toothache coming on, but most dentists are closed, and if it gets bad, I'll resort to whisky and a pair of pliers I guess. I'd probably even have a few of Ya'll volunteer to drink my whisky and pull my dang teeth out, I'm sure.

Yeah, you betcha; "I'm so sick of this COVID-19".

I do hope everyone is healthy, safe, and that your families are as well. Please try to stay that way, there's an awful lot of great folks here on OSA, to some, it really is a community.

It was well intentioned but like you and I know now should have been made a sub category so the individual threads could all be in one place and searched separately. It still can be done and rolled back maybe?

I too am scheduled for a procedure (another stent) scheduled, but I don't know if it can be done due to the circumstances. Shortness of breath has also got me encased in my living room. I get winded just going to pee. This site has been about my only release of intellectual activity. Ha!

Last edited:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep already tired of both the virus and the rain. I was supposed to have my second eye cataract surgery the 31st, but was cancelled. At least I now have one good right eye. My outdoor range close to my house is a swamp so I have not been able to try it out. Ft Gibson lake where I live is 18 ft above normal and rising, not much need looking for crappie. My dock ramp is inaccessible at 14 ft for me without using a row boat. Was told the corps are trying to dredge down in the Ft. Smith area and holding water back. Spent an hour mowing close in around the house this morning. One bright side, I think I am going to have a bumper crop of dandelions this year if anyone is interested in trading for something of value, I can box a few hundred of them up and we can make a deal. Ha Ha.

Flip side, I am up and moving around. I do feel sorry for the many who are not so fortunate, I would not want to be down with the virus or worse go like that. Hope this new drug combination will knock it out for everyone affected. Myself, just staying a hermit as much as I can. Hope everyone else here can do the same and get through this.

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I re-cleaned all my clean firearms,then swept the garage. After that I drug the John Deere rider out and dropped the deck,greased everything that had a fitting on it. Changed the oil and filter. When your limited as to where you can go,and what you can do,it sucks. Tomorrow I'll probably oil the hinges on my gun safe. LOL.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watching elk hunting in New Mexico as we speak. The lady shot a really nice bull. Probably the film crew, but there were 8 people putting on packs after the animal was dissected.
I feel blessed that the area we elk hunt is a working cattle ranch with roads so we can get the animals out semi easily. Animals that size are never easy.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I got most of my milsurp brass prepped yesterday. The 7.62x54 is loaded and will start charging 6.5x55 this morning. Might organize the hunting and camping gear in the attic this afternoon.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I re-cleaned all my clean firearms,then swept the garage. After that I drug the John Deere rider out and dropped the deck,greased everything that had a fitting on it. Changed the oil and filter. When your limited as to where you can go,and what you can do,it sucks. Tomorrow I'll probably oil the hinges on my gun safe. LOL.

Pace yourself now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got most of my milsurp brass prepped yesterday. The 7.62x54 is loaded and will start charging 6.5x55 this morning. Might organize the hunting and camping gear in the attic this afternoon.

Don't forget I've still got some brass & ammo for you sometime when you're up this way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom