I'm so sick of this COVID-19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess the Gaslight Liquor store in Tulsa is sick of it all too. I just saw a picture of their Covid19 store policy. Sadly I can't post if here as it will be removed. But I am sure one of our members who lives out that way wouldn't mind taking a look.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
fda2a008d0ea0490c669f7d3e51b852a.jpg

Medicine for isolation.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
fda2a008d0ea0490c669f7d3e51b852a.jpg

Medicine for isolation.

Best medicine there is!

Speaking of medicine, and this is dead serious, no pun intended!

The medicines that they say are a "cure" for this particular strain of virus, stay away from it! These Rheumatoid drugs will bottom out your immune system, and IF you get this virus, it WILL KILL YOU! I have been on some of these drugs for my R/A and had to stop taking them, because my doctors told me I would be dead in 12 to 24 hours if I catch this virus!

My wife and I were watching the news this morning, with the Government saying these immune suppressed drugs are a "cure" but I am telling you for a fact and with years of personal research and study, that if you start these drugs, they will kill you!

Some may scream conspiracy theories - kiss my azz! I know for a fact what will happen! I have lost 18 friends/customers during the past 20 days, who had R/A and we're taking these same drugs that are said to keep you from getting sick, yet, they died because their immune systems were already compromised by use of these drugs!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The medicines that they say are a "cure" for this particular strain of virus, stay away from it! These Rheumatoid drugs will bottom out your immune system, and IF you get this virus, it WILL KILL YOU! I have been on some of these drugs for my R/A and had to stop taking them, because my doctors told me I would be dead in 12 to 24 hours if I catch this virus!
Yikes, scary stuff. Can you post the name of these meds?

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Xeljanz, Humira, Remicade, etc.. Look up drugs under - Immunosuppressive drugs, which are drugs that reduces the immune response.

Placquenil - this drug does and will cause macular degeneration of the eyes! My doctor took me off of it for this very reason, and I was on if for less than 2 years!

For you guys that have severe R/A and are taking immune suppressive drugs, STAY AWAY FROM THE PUBLIC and crowded places, because your chances of contracting this virus is very real! If you have friends that have to take the and other more serious drugs for arthritis, offer to do their shopping for them, so they can stay away from as many people as possible.

My wife goes to work everyday to bring home a paycheck, and working at a bank, she refuses to let people come into her office, because if she gets sick and if I get the flu or anything contagious, I die!

Help who you can, and everyone stay safe and healthy until this virus goes away. If you are strong and healthy, consider yourself blessed!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Xeljanz, Humira, Remicade, etc.. Look up drugs under - Immunosuppressive drugs, which are drugs that reduces the immune response.

Placquenil - this drug does and will cause macular degeneration of the eyes! My doctor took me off of it for this very reason, and I was on if for less than 2 years!

For you guys that have severe R/A and are taking immune suppressive drugs, STAY AWAY FROM THE PUBLIC and crowded places, because your chances of contracting this virus is very real! If you have friends that have to take the and other more serious drugs for arthritis, offer to do their shopping for them, so they can stay away from as many people as possible.

My wife goes to work everyday to bring home a paycheck, and working at a bank, she refuses to let people come into her office, because if she gets sick and if I get the flu or anything contagious, I die!

Help who you can, and everyone stay safe and healthy until this virus goes away. If you are strong and healthy, consider yourself blessed!

Caveat: I A NOT A DOCTOR

That being said, if I've been informed correctly, immunosuppressant drugs may be helpful in flattening or preventing the second and third phases of Covid-19 infection, where "cytokine storm" occurs and your immune system attacks not just the virus, but also the healthy lung cells.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4711683/

O2 blood saturation levels are key. If you have Covid-19 and your 02 saturation levels stay above 94% or so, you're probably not going to need medical intervention. This was posted on another forum by a respiratory therapist:

Normal sats are 96-98% for a healthy adult. COPD patients (think emphysema, smoked for 50 freaking years) are okay in the low 90's. Generally we don't apply oxygen until the sats hit the 80's.

Think of it this way: 90's good, 80's on down not good. That means starting at 89% and lower an eyebrow should be raised.

I have seen advice given to younger, healthy people positive for COVID-19 quarantining at home that their breathing may be harder while sick but as long as their sats remain 93% or higher you'll be okay. Probably sound advice. If you start dipping below 93% or definitely into the 80's you become part of that 15-20% who need to get to a hospital.

Maybe one of the resident OSA Docs can chime in or correct me if I'm wrong on any of this because again, IANAD. Just trying to pass along knowledge and never take anything I post as medical advice, which should ALWAYS come from your Dr.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) daily and my Rheumatologist told me to stay on my meds especially the Plaquenil. New research is showing success when combined with zinc. So fingers crossed that we may have a cure soon. Research is also showing there is no known cases from people that have been taking Plaquenil regularly. So I’m definitely curious to see what the outcome of the studies and trials will be. But yes I’m definitely social distancing and quarantined. I’m going to social distance in the woods with turkeys tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom