I'm thinking about buying a Hi-Point carbine.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not at all. While their pistols are... , well not that great. The rifles are surprisingly decent in 9/40/45. The 10mm might make a good pig gun if it holds up as well as the other three have.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 of the 45 pistols and love them. killed a deer over 45 yards with it 1 shot bang flop.
I purchased a 45 carbine and it was not any more accurate than my pistols so I sold it.
I have shot thousands of rounds through my pistols and many loads that are not in the book.
300gr xtp and 255gr lead and a 1200+ fps 230gr lead.

Never had issues at all with any hi-point firearm.
Chambers are on the large side as are the barrels on the 45 acp. all my barrels slugged at .4535"
If you care to know that dimension as it is a little critical when shooting cast and developing a load and alloy.

Get one and shoot the crap out of it.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have looked at the carbines as well and figured it would be fun to shoot. Have also thought about doing a long hike at some point and I think that a carbine like that would be something good to carry along and pick off some small game with for meals and such.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uses the same mags as the hipoint pistol series in the same caliber. From what I have heard there are no aftermarket mags that work well without some modifications.

Latest posts

Top Bottom