I'm thinking about buying a Hi-Point carbine.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one, it works. I will bring it to Ponca when we come up...
Whoot! I've wanted one of them but prices were out of sight and I don't overpay for guns no matter the demand. I know one guy that has one, and it sets in his safe. I fired it three times when new and it's the only time its been fired that I'm aware of.
I've got lots of WMR ammo to supply.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coincidently, I also have a PMR-30, late model. No issues, so far, except it is a loud sucker.
Absolutely loud! My 4" AMT throws a fireball out the muzzle.
I wish they would follow the example of other manufacturers and make pistol designed ammo with powder that would burn in pistol length barrels.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the other hand, it doesn't need much maintenance.
From the manual: "Barrel should be brushed every 300-400 rounds. Complete disassembly and cleaning should be performed at 1500-2000 rounds." and the only place the letters "oil" appear are in the parts breakdown as part of "recoil spring", nothing about lubrication anywhere. Mine came out of the box mostly dry and I've tended to leave it that way except for a very light touch of lithium grease on obvious (shiny) wear points.

retired trucker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with a high point rifle or pistol. carbine available in 380 now..put a new shooter behind that gun and watch the groups...one thing i like about high point is if you defend your house witch gun would you rather surrender during an investigation ?bargain or high value?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with a high point rifle or pistol. carbine available in 380 now..put a new shooter behind that gun and watch the groups...one thing i like about high point is if you defend your house witch gun would you rather surrender during an investigation ?bargain or high value?
Depends on which would keep me and mine alive and is the most reliable. Dollars mean nothing if your dead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom