In addition to all that Biden has done for (read TO) us already, now we have new EOs assault on 2nd Amendment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter1861

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been losing ground, one step at a time, since 1968.

And some would say 1934.

Others, 1797
It is the natural progression of governments to accumulate power, and in our case they began federalizing almost immediately after the ratification of the Constitution. That progression may be exponential, and current events would tend to show that. Slowly, slowly, then a bit faster, then it all comes crashing down in flames.

Bixby Sooner53

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My apologies to each of you that feel misinformed or misled because of my post. I was trying to call attention to what I'd heard from another source. I clearly missed the date on the article that I referenced somehow.

After researching more, I found that this will NOT be an Executive Order, but rather is/will be in the form of a Final Rule by the Justice Department's BATFE. The Rule was filed on April 25, 2022 and will become effective on August 24, 2022.

Here is the Final Rule in its entirety:

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...me-or-receiver-and-identification-of-firearms

2ALibtard

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn’t hear about those EOs until just a couple weeks ago myself. It’s a shame that the executive branch has been allowed to consolidate so much power over the 100 years; it allows for so much abuse like we have seen over the past 20 years.

A lot can change in two years, but I expect that in 2024 we will see the GOP holding both houses and the presidency. It will be interesting to see if they feel like restoring any gun rights, or just idly do nothing.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where is the nra?
Think cowering in fear, they have been demonized by the press and have been demonized by members because of Wayne LaPierre and his spending. At one time the NRA had done a lot, concealed carry approved in multiple states and stopping obama when he called for legislation after some psycho in Sandy Hook decided to kill a bunch of kids. They have gone low profile, perhaps they have some skeletons in their closet that shouldn't see the light of day. LaPierre has made the NRA an easy target.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is the natural progression of governments to accumulate power, and in our case they began federalizing almost immediately after the ratification of the Constitution. That progression may be exponential, and current events would tend to show that. Slowly, slowly, then a bit faster, then it all comes crashing down in flames.
That was intentional as The Articles of Confederation was a train wreck. The feds had zero power which doesn’t work either.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t hear about those EOs until just a couple weeks ago myself. It’s a shame that the executive branch has been allowed to consolidate so much power over the 100 years; it allows for so much abuse like we have seen over the past 20 years.

A lot can change in two years, but I expect that in 2024 we will see the GOP holding both houses and the presidency. It will be interesting to see if they feel like restoring any gun rights, or just idly do nothing.
Past behavior predicts fire behavior. I’d expect nothing but picking at old wounds.

Peter1861

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was intentional as The Articles of Confederation was a train wreck. The feds had zero power which doesn’t work either.
I would argue that it was not in their intent to allow for an eventual complete takeover by the Executive of all legislative power, and the ability to massively influence the Judicial. Giving the federal government more power to accomplish taxation and security needs is not the same as creating a dictatorship — or so they thought. That’s why we had the Antifederalists, who you can thank for the Bill of Rights, which without we would look a lot more like Canada or Australia.
Too much was left open-ended in terms of federalizing power, and anything not expressly written the government will interpret to give them more power. Which they have clearly done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom