In Dallas This Weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw an ad on TV last night for a gun show here, in Allen I think, and it was $10 admission, and $2 off for each firearm you bring into the show, but a minimum admission of $5. Didn’t have time to go, but I liked the concept.

We did tour the Bush Presidential Library this afternoon, and regardless of your thoughts on W, it is very well done and well worth the time to visit.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son, dil and kids live in Lewisville that is now a suburb of the metroplex.
They are looking at moving to Florida when the twins get out of school. We visit but could never live there.
Just doing a connecting flight at the airport is reason enough never to live there. Tell you what. Tulsa airport is a gift from God himself.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a fun weekend. We are part of a “senior adult” choir in our church, Southern Hills Baptist Church, and we were invited to sing in a church in Plano. So, close to 60 of us left Friday morning on the train to Ft Worth, boarded chartered buses, visited the stockyards, the Dallas World Aquarium, the G W Bush Presidential Library, fine restaurants, and naturally there was shopping involved. Returned last evening on the train.

I wouldn’t want to live there (way too busy and crowded), but a fun place to visit.

Last edited:

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Traffic is bad in the Big D.
Whenever I hear anybody talk about going there I think of the song

The devil lives in Dallas
Drinks from a silver chalice
Drives an El Dorado big and black

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It can be a nice place to live if you stay on the outskirts and don't need to commute much. Since it's such a huge city, you can get literally anything locally.

A place like McKinney might as well be the equivalent of Moore or Edmond.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It can be a nice place to live if you stay on the outskirts and don't need to commute much. Since it's such a huge city, you can get literally anything locally.

A place like McKinney might as well be the equivalent of Moore or Edmond.
Both too densely populated for this country boy. I don't want to see my neighbor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom