In Need of Change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Scribe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to deal with some pretty massive family issues a few years ago. Lost my dad and my grandad 5 days apart. Worst week of my life. Afterwards I stayed at my grandads house, remodeled it, new roof and paint. Sold the house he purchased new in 1955, and I grew up in. Moved in with my gf and after living with her for nearly 5 years we recently split. Over that time, I'd gone back to doing the work I'd done years before everything happened, and have been doing that work for 25 years. I need a change. I can do nearly anything, but I just need some structure.
I'd love some input on what you folks think and if anyone knows of anyone that would like a great employee. I worked one place for 19 years then did the same work on my own for 6 more. I've owned my own business in the meantime but had to shut it down and sell the assets when my folks got sick. Any input and/or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

The Scribe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What did you do and what are your interest?
I'll honestly do just about anything as long as I'm paid decent and feel like I'm getting some sort of fulfillment out of it. I'm very task oriented. I can and do work my ass off. I'd rather not work in the heat and cold. I've done everything from lawn care, to working at local radio stations, to owning my own business, and working for someone else for 19 years. I'm pretty smart and can learn anything. As long as it's something I would find interesting, I'll do anything. I just don't want something just to be making a paycheck.
There's a new(er) clothing manufacturer in Maine that I almost uprooted myself and moved there for. Had there been somewhere to live available, I probably would move there now, but that's the problem with them hiring new employees. There is a problem with housing there. It's a pretty small area and there just isn't anything available for rent or that is affordable for those people.
All that said, I'd love for someone to throw something out that truly caught my interest and turned into something great. But that's a pretty big long shot. However, if I don't throw it out there and ask, the answer is always no.

The Scribe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a few days and think it out. Not a damn thing wrong with making a change! Best of luck in your decision! We only get one go round in this Rodeo, make it yours!
Just seeing what all is out there. I know I'll eventually find something great. Thanks for the positive words, sir.

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like you, I made a career change about 11 years ago, then did it again 3-1/2 years ago. I went to the local vo-tech and learned some new skills and landed a great job (read: pays well) with the new skill set.

I bet you will knock it out of the park with your next career. Good luck to you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom