In Need of Change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to relocate I hear on Guntalk that some of the gun manufactureres that have recently moved to new facilities are needing a lot of new folks

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll say a prayer for you but as a guy that spent his adult life hiring people for a wide swath of positions from administrative to entry level labor, putting down skills sets are very important. Wide number of jobs are available in almost every area of the job market now. Starting salaries have seen a large increase with benefits. Many include signing bonuses and incentive pay for retention. The key is, where in the food chain are you wanting to fit in? Labor, management, where? This is where a list of skill sets are needed. I'm good at everything is never enough even for the good jobs now available.
Just a bit advice. Post exactly what you have experience doing (machinery, customer service...everything).
Just giving an opinion my friend.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say do what makes you happy, fish, golf, hunt, travel, and so on. So what you want to do and enjoy it living in the present.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
learn a software trade like photo/video editing, graphic design, animation, 3d modeling, etc etc.

becoming extremely proficient at software like Microsoft Office and/or Adobe programs made finding work easy for me. i went into a few interviews, asked what my tasks would be, showed them how to use photoshop actions to automate that process, then basically turned down the job because that would have been......all i did.

photoshop is fun too. in your spare time, you can be a master meme maker! just be sure to never include anything that can be linked back to you; remember we do it for free.

with a proper understanding of software you really can do the job of several people, or even entire divisions. there is an incredible amount of corporate waste wherein people have jobs simply because they had jobs for decades and they simply do not understand how out of date they are with the current working world. it's incredible.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
to add on that, you can even get certified and teach classes. i used to do a class at one of the Francis Tuttle's. it really doesn't take much, getting certified in adobe at least just takes time and a bit of money.

BUT, if you get in with certain crowds, you don't really NEED certification anyway. heck i didn't have it when i was giving classes. i was just "an expert". if you use the software every day for a few years, you will be too.

i've been photoshopping since i was 12. never even thought it could be a career until i really got into it. anything like that you've always enjoyed?

The Scribe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll say a prayer for you but as a guy that spent his adult life hiring people for a wide swath of positions from administrative to entry level labor, putting down skills sets are very important. Wide number of jobs are available in almost every area of the job market now. Starting salaries have seen a large increase with benefits. Many include signing bonuses and incentive pay for retention. The key is, where in the food chain are you wanting to fit in? Labor, management, where? This is where a list of skill sets are needed. I'm good at everything is never enough even for the good jobs now available.
Just a bit advice. Post exactly what you have experience doing (machinery, customer service...everything).
Just giving an opinion my friend.
I appreciate the advice.. I'm still looking around. There are a ton of options. Just need to find the one that seems interesting. I'm hoping something falls in my lap when I'm not looking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom