In need of shotgun gunsmith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the barrels ring true and it closes tight to the face I’d certainly consider firing the gun. What’s the condition of the bore? I would have the chambers measured before I fired it. Who knows, maybe they’ve been lengthened. As previously eluded to, it would not be good to shoot 2 3/4” star crimp shotgun shells in a shotgun chambered for 2 1/2” or 2 5/8” roll crimp.

Last edited:

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the barrels ring true and it closes tight to the face I’d certainly consider firing the gun. What’s the condition of the bore? I would have the chambers measured before I fired it. Who knows, maybe they’ve been lengthened. As previously eluded to, it would not be good to shoot 2 3/4” star crimp shotgun shells in a shotgun chambered for 2 1/2” or 2 5/8” roll crimp.
The barrels sound good and there’s some mild pitting in the bore. When I shoot this thing I’ll make some light black powder shells up using some cut down hulls (or hulls from the Aguila and Federal mini shells I have). In a perfect world I’d like to find some brass hulls for it. I’ll probably use Shooters World Multi Purpose Black.

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check midway for all brass hulls

Magtech makes them.
Have not seen 10ga yet but most other sizes are available.

The 24 and 32 gage ones are popular for black powder rifle applications. They are easier on the wallet than 577 basic or 500 nitro when you need a goofy old European case that’s short.

Primer pocket is large pistol.
They are a semi balloon head so no high pressure stuff

The trick is seating the large pistol primers

If it’s a 12 or 20 you might kick up an antique primer seater at a gunshow.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Midway only has 24 gauge in stock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom