In Saudi Arabia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friend has been working over there for a couple years and just told me of some of the ways of life there.
If you go to jail there they do not feed you your family must bring you food or you starve.
If the crime you do is bad enough they remove your head.
We knew that.
But it happens in the capitol city Riyadh on Friday which is like their Sunday and it happens right after church in public.

There is not a long wait either if you did the crime you have about a week before your head is rolling.
Swift justice.
He got to see a Mosque a few days ago that has been in use for 1400 years.
In the market he seen some honey that sells for $400 a lb and the color is black.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There and in many other countries, if you report a crime you will be held in jail.
Any potential witness is is jailed until the investigation is done.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There and in many other countries, if you report a crime you will be held in jail.
Any potential witness is is jailed until the investigation is done.

Links? I've lived in several foreign countries, Japan, Israel, Lebanon, Egypt, Spain; and visited many more, sometimes even peaceably, and never heard of this before.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Links? I've lived in several foreign countries, Japan, Israel, Lebanon, Egypt, Spain; and visited many more, sometimes even peaceably, and never heard of this before.
Hard to come by links but...
I read one first hand story of experiences of an ex-pat in Saudi Arabia...somewhere at home in my library
My recollections of Nepal as a Peace Corps Volunteer seeing everyone jailed or detailed in their village when a crime has occurred

It is simply considered good police work: detain all possible witnesses and perpetrators...plus the guilty person has added pressure to confess since he sees his family in jail along with him

***My source written by the ex-pat in Saudi Arabia:
The Saudis: Inside the Desert Kingdom, Sandra Mackey
...interesting, entertaining reading

Last edited:

PJM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their justice system is way different than ours. I dont think death row inmates should get to sit for 20-30 years before they are executed personally.
Probably wouldn't bother me too much if they would take them out of their cell about once a week and walk them down to the gas chamber/ gallows/ Injection room and say "whoops wrong person, today isn't your day.", then walk them back to their cell. I figure them going through that for about 20 years BEFORE they are executed would at least resemble some form of justice for the families that lost loved ones to them.

Last edited:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to come by links but...
I read one first hand story of experiences of an ex-pat in Saudi Arabia...somewhere at home in my library
My recollections of Nepal as a Peace Corp Volunteer seeing everyone jailed or detailed in their village when a crime has occurred

It is simply considered good police work: detain all possible witnesses and perpetrators...plus the guilty person has added pressure to confess since he sees his family in jail along with him
Everyone who witnesses a crime can be jailed indefinitely and people still come forward? God save us from good police work.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a buddy that was a year at his oilfield job in the UAE, (United Arab Emirates). One caveat. Arab is cultural not racial. He said if two Arabs have an accident the police arrive and tell one to tell his story then the other guy tells his. The police then says to one of them to pay the other one right now or go to jail.

He also said if he, as a foreigner, rented a car and legally parked it in a parking lot and left it there and an Arab jumps the curb hitting your parked car it's your fault because you are not from there and shouldn't have been there. He said in Saudi when he met an Arab on the street they would spit behind you as you passed letting you know you are not from there. He said it is not a rebuke or insult.

If you ain't Sunni, you ain't Shi'ite

Latest posts

Top Bottom