In the market for a 3 1/2” chamber waterfowl shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You saw the title what’s recommended???

My wants:
3 1/2” chamber, I don’t need to hear the you don’t need it crowd as I know I don’t, I just want the option

Semi auto

Camo is nice

Prefer to stick with a main stream manufacturer

All that being said I don’t think I can swing a SBE3 or berreta A400, maybe but probably not

I currently shoot a 12g 870 express 3” and 20g bps 3”.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Mossberg 935 and Beretta A350 are the only two I've got experience with besides the Benelli's and Beretta A400's. The 935 worked flawlessly while the guys had them, the A350 broke a spring after a few boxes, Beretta Customer Service was great and never any issues after that. They traded guns often was the only reason they got rid of them. If you don't think you need 3 shots, there are still several manufacturers that make O/U with 3.5 chambers. 3.5" steel isn't bad, absolutely nothing like 3.5" lead.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out Gene Sears in El Reno, you can probably handle several manufacturers guns that have the requirements you seek. If you get up that way, holler and you can shoot mine.

I always forget about gene sears mainly due to the fact I can’t make there with out taking a few hours of vacation. They only open M-F till like 5 right??

Murfs in Duncan last I was there had lot of shotguns. They are open Saturday atleast

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have patterned all my 12 gauge shotguns and what I found was the larger the bore or the longer the chamber the tighter the pattern was.
I tried turkey chokes and those just opened up the pattern. Seemed odd as I was from the school of smaller choke
tighter pattern.

Does not work that way. The tightes shooting gun I ever shot was grandpa's A5 browning 12 gauge..the barrel was rust colored and was paper thin at the muzzle.
Then I had a hand in building a muzzle loader shotgun with bore and chamber the same size, that was the tightest patterning shotgun I ever seen.
That led me to research over bore shotguns and if I had to buy a 3 1/2 I would go Mossberg 935

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maxus I didn’t like not found a sx3 or 4 12 g in the wild yet. Can’t afford the Benelli lol the a350 was alright...I did check out the franchi affinity 3.5 at the gettin place and liked it a lot. Still wanna see a Winchester but the franchi seemed real nice

Sent via message in a bottle

Latest posts

Top Bottom