In the market or out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you sold it all or riding it down?

• Total voters

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could be? I haven't been paying attention that closely, because I'm holding tight till I know it's more than a dead cat bounce. :)
I think that’s a good plan, I am still shorting with SQQ and VXX after a bear market bounce week when we have a bear market rally so I will be buying to these again soon. I only do this when I am able to sit in my office for a few days and keep an eye on it. I sold out last week but didn’t by the TQQQ to take advantage of this bounce its the only way I have made any money this year.

I keep watching this guy he has checked out in the. 6 months I have watched him, he was bullish a lot longer than I was but now he’s getting rather bearish.

dabigboy

Marksman
Reaction score
I finally got my wife onboard with investing back in April.....it's looking like epically bad timing right now. I was prepared to take the ups with the downs, but so far we're pretty much just taking the downs. I don't see any end in sight with the current administration, not to mention external pressures (supply chain, China still locking down, the Russia thing, etc). Do I dare take it all out and "lock in my losses"? In any other time post-2008 I'd just ride it out, but we seem to have taken a historic turn lately.

I remember talking to an advisor 4 years ago and he was like "It seems like the market has gotta pop at some point, but it just keeps climbing". Dow was around 22k at that time.

Really feels like we're just throwing money away at this point. I'm ok playing the long game, but this is starting to feel silly.

Matt

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got my wife onboard with investing back in April.....it's looking like epically bad timing right now. I was prepared to take the ups with the downs, but so far we're pretty much just taking the downs. I don't see any end in sight with the current administration, not to mention external pressures (supply chain, China still locking down, the Russia thing, etc). Do I dare take it all out and "lock in my losses"? In any other time post-2008 I'd just ride it out, but we seem to have taken a historic turn lately.

I remember talking to an advisor 4 years ago and he was like "It seems like the market has gotta pop at some point, but it just keeps climbing". Dow was around 22k at that time.

Really feels like we're just throwing money away at this point. I'm ok playing the long game, but this is starting to feel silly.

Matt
If you started in April, you have five to ten years to reach the long game.

Just ignore the news. I pondered the same questions in 2008 and rode that out, which was tough, but once you’re through it, the sun will come out again.

When the Fed finally pivots from raising rates and quantitative tightening, there will be a rally like never before. There are many trillions of dollars waiting to get back in the market.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you started in April, you have five to ten years to reach the long game.

Just ignore the news. I pondered the same questions in 2008 and rode that out, which was tough, but once you’re through it, the sun will come out again.

When the Fed finally pivots from raising rates and quantitative tightening, there will be a rally like never before. There are many trillions of dollars waiting to get back in the market.
My strategy has been to continue adding the money I was adding before the downturn. I'm not going to ramp up to the point that I am eating ramen and not going out to dinner from time to time, but I am not stopping contributions either. Im also 17 years from my target retirement age, so I am taking this opportunity to ramp up my share counts faster than I have been able to in the past. That will help the rebound catch me back up to where I should be to hit my goals. Hopefully.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been good times for dollar cost averaging on dividend and covered call long plays.

There have been some good picks in O&G long plays, WMB is up almost 50% over the last 18 months.

It's also been a good time for puts as a short term play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom