In what kinds of crime were you the victim? And why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago I had my tool box and tools at a shop were I worked. I was working on a 351C I had pulled from my Mustang.
Someone that worked there broke in and stole my box, tools and a set of 351C 4V heads. Later my wife had a flat coming back from Shawnee in a different Stang. She caught a ride with someone. By the time i got there someone had torched it. At that time quite a few cars where burned on I40 between Shawnee and OKC.

DSUFLYBOY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several small instances over the years, but the one that hurts the most is the theft of my Fathers firearm collection. My dad bought all firearms in pairs, one for me, the other for my little brother. Will was written and we all had copies. The day before he died from liver cancer, while on morphine in hospice care, my "stepmother" had the will changed and he supposedly sign it (while unconcious). Days after the funeral my brother and I arrive to acquire the arms, stepmother shows us the "new" will leaving everything to her. Before we could get lawyers/judge to stop her, she sold ALL of them in an estate sale. My father made my Brother and I swear we would NEVER sale the guns he was leaving us, he wanted them to stay in the family as heirlooms. We promised we would never let them go. Unfortunately his wife was more concerned with money than his last wishes. We never spoke to her again.

"Watch your six, count your rounds, and keep your powder dry."

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a briefcase stolen in Dallas in 1998 that had my Glock 19 in I.

Also was living in a apartment in 2002 that was burglarized when I was at work. All electronics were stolen and a bike.
Other than this, I have been very fortunate.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1 car burglary, lost a few tools. 1 home burglary, lost a Remington 870 in that one. The damage caused by the break in was more than the value of what was taken.
I think I was about to be robbed in a Wal-Mart parking lot once, but when I turned around I reached back under my jacket at the 4 o'clock position and said "I have no money for you." Got called a dirty name and the guy backed away.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I brought home a coworker for supper. He was here from the Dallas office to assist me in installing a big project. He visited my 15 year old daughter's bedroom for a few minutes. I had him cuffed and was sitting on him in the front yard waiting on OCPD. Forty minutes later of him apologizing and crying they arrived. One confession and sixteen years later he got out and moved to Texas. I still to this day have no idea why he did what he did and could even think he could do it to my daughter in my home.

I'd be in jail, not him.

Oh my God, how horrible. I can't even begin to imagine. I am proud of you @Snattlerake, there's no way I would have been able to maintain my composure. I am so sorry your daughter had to experience that.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I brought home a coworker for supper. He was here from the Dallas office to assist me in installing a big project. He visited my 15 year old daughter's bedroom for a few minutes. I had him cuffed and was sitting on him in the front yard waiting on OCPD. Forty minutes later of him apologizing and crying they arrived. One confession and sixteen years later he got out and moved to Texas. I still to this day have no idea why he did what he did and could even think he could do it to my daughter in my home.

You are definitely a better man than I am. He might have lived, but he would have carried some scars to his grave.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mugged outside a bar in 1979. Guy had a straight razor at my throat. He got the few bucks I had (less than $5), but missed the then-valuable digital watch on my wrist. Apparently he mugged several people, I testified at his trial.
Almost mugged in Philly in 1980, walking by the mouth of an alley in a sketchy part of town in the wee hours. Got grabbed, but I threw an elbow, connected, and ran.
Apartment broken into in 1983; ransacked. Boombox and dozens of cassette tapes stolen, some cash, jewelry belonging to the hide I was living with.
Snapon toolbox stolen from the place I worked in about 1987. Thousands of (1987) dollars worth of tools taken. Never got them back.
House broken into in 1994, cash and a pistol stolen. Logan County Sheriff wouldn't even come out to take a report. I told them serial # over the phone. Years later OKCPD called me, I got the gun back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom