In what kinds of crime were you the victim? And why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you feel like posting about it, what has happened in your life where you were the victim of a crime? I am in my mid 60s and, knock on wood, the only thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life is we had a flower pot stolen from out front about 25 years ago. The chance you take with stuff in your yard I guess. I hope I'm not due for worse.

If you have a long list, can you attribute most of it to any one thing such as where you live, your job, choice of friends, etc?

Last edited:

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been the target of a few Meth heads early in my career. 1 home invasion that resulted in 3 getting around 5 years in the pen. We had a wild 5 or 6 years with Meth back home. Admin went proactive and we were busy

That was pretty much it for my Kansas time. Here in Oklahoma, been pretty much smooth sailing. Couple of porch pirates attempted to swipe some things but were stopped.

Had a panhandler get aggressive in a parking garage at night and had to back him and his women down at gun point. First interaction with OCPD too. They were cool.

I contribute a very uneventful victimhood to having my head on a Swivel 24/7, doing my best to play hermit crab and doing my best not putting myself and family in dumb places.

Edited to add
Had my entire checking account drained by a scammer once. Learned a valuable lesson on never using my debit card and using a credit card when I travel.

Last edited:

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
#1 The Government steals money from every one of my paychecks.
#2 Motorcycle was stolen
#3 Fishing equipment stolen
#4 Taurus 1911 stolen from my pickup. Busted passenger window out to get in. Locked glovebox pryed open.
#5 A attempted attack on me by a man with a knife. I gave him two verbal warnings to drop the knife as he came toward me. I say attempted because he threw the knife away and fled when I pulled my 380 acp. Back then I didn't carry one in the chamber, while racking the slide he came to his senses. Thankfully I did not have to use it that day but learned a valuable lesson always have one in the chamber. Seconds count.

doug1949

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a trailer stolen from my driveway. My fault for not having it locked up. Someone pried the hitch lock off of my current trailer, but did not get the chain off of the wheels that I had chained together. Now I keep the trailer behind the fence, with the gate chained and locked, the wheels chained together and a hitch lock installed that cannot be pried off. Hope that is enough.

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess you mean other than the stolen election?

In 1972 I had a motorcycle stolen. When I called the police, they said they wouldn't send anyone out to investigate. I had to take the title to the police station and report it stolen. Basically, they told me it was probably already out of state and I would likely never see it again. It had a red/white/blue Captain America paint job, so it would be pretty hard to miss. When I got off of work that evening, I drove every street in Claremore, looking for it. I found it 3 blocks from the police station, parked in the street, beside the curb. Now, when I called the police, three cars show up, including the Chief of Police. That lesson I learned was that the police are there to file the report and anything more than that is expecting too much.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
House in Memphis broken into...nearly cleaned out of electronics but a neighbor interrupted them in the act and they ran (drove the getaway van through the front yard and a few flower beds). Turns out they were hired by the drug dealing neighbor.

Hit and run here in Tulsa. I chased her down and she stopped then provided false documents. I got to eat that whole ordeal (no license, old insurance policy number and paper plates).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom