Indoor range practice with a flashlight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I admit, I never practice with my light. Have one attached to one of my pistols and to both my ar and ak, but never shoot with them at night. That will change this year.
I also need to try shooting with my hand held light.
I'm a bit iffy about free downloads. Does this one come with a bunch of add ons?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is an interesting drill.
We shot a night match at the old Safety 1st one time with only a dim light bulb in the back where one keeps their guns. Around cover, under Cover, and over cover. My 1911 pretty much blinded me with the muzzle flash after the first few shots.
The folks with the Tritium night sights ruled the match.
Around the house, I get some practice shooting coons, possums and dillers at night. You are certainly limited with a flashlight at night. The green dot rules at night, red in the daylight. Lower intensity the better at night.
I would advise everybody to practice after dark if you ever have an opportunity. Pitch black dark is the best, similar to shooting down a hallway, or garage, etc.
Its a whole new shooting world when the lights go off.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not as much visual distraction at night.

I think it's a good idea to keep a flashlight with every weapon we plan to store or stage for defense and to practice using them together.

Latest posts

Top Bottom