Info on lower illinois trout fishing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcelt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are there any sites that regularly update fishing conditions on the lower illinois? I get the email from the ODEC but wondered if there are any sites that update more often. Specifically interested in fly fishing. Thanks.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't bother. The Corps is going to be running water continuously for the foreseeable future. Go down to the Blue, up to Roaring River or down to the LMF. SWAP and The Corps always have stream data available as well as the generation schedule. Plant capacity is 45MW and they are running at 40MW 24 hours/day currently.

I highly doubt we'll see good fishing any time in the immediate future.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blue is good when it's clear, recent reports have it being a little muddied and running pretty good.

Decent drift fishing, but you'll want waders and a staff because it can be a very tricky bottom.

LMF has been putting out quality fish but you'll be fighting for space with the rest of Texas and Oklahoma that have showed up.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blue river has been fishing excellent for me this year... went a few weeks back, water was up an moving an slightly stained. Fishing was still good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom