Info on the big churches in OKC area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I detect a lot of sarcasm in this post. I think you need to study some more. I haven’t been misled about anything. Everything I believe I can find in scripture to back it up. I unlike many folks that claim to be Christians. I can get it straight form the Greek text.

Good deal. You know I'm right. If there is a correct name for the
Church it's "Church of the Firstborn" as stated in Hebrews 12-23.
Scripture clearly backs this up 100%. No other way you can read that plain and simple.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I detect a lot of sarcasm in this post. I think you need to study some more. I haven’t been misled about anything. Everything I believe I can find in scripture to back it up. I unlike many folks that claim to be Christians. I can get it straight form the Greek text.

So then you're aware of the various meanings of the Greek word eis (for)?

And that as written in Acts 2:38 for does not necessarily mean “in order to achieve” forgiveness of sins. Possible meanings include "in," "into," "unto," "to,"towards," "at," or even “because of,” “as a result of,” or “in light of.”

Another example of this is "Take two aspirin for a headache" does not mean "Take two aspirin in order to get a headache."

Raptor62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would agree, who would want to be a Christian or even go to church if Christians argue so much? They wouldn't want to be like that if that is what it took to be a Christian.
And disagreement is why we have so many denominations. Travelling in Mississippi years ago I got a lot of entertainment just going down the road in a small town. First I saw a Southern Baptist church....next the Right way Baptist......then the Original Baptist.....a couple more I don't remember...all in one small town.....oh the influence on our country we could have if we were all just kingdom folks..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bible is the best tool for understanding the bible. Unfortunately many are blind to having been led into certain doctrines by "scripts" - selected sets of verses that support denominational doctrines. Challenge them and they keep hopscotching to their favored verses. It is best to look at everything the bible says about a topic.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bible is the best tool for understanding the bible. Unfortunately many are blind to having been led into certain doctrines by "scripts" - selected sets of verses that support denominational doctrines. Challenge them and they keep hopscotching to their favored verses. It is best to look at everything the bible says about a topic.

To go along with Dale's comment, the name that is on a church building (or for a denomination of any kind) is just that. A name. Regardless of the name on a church, it's how they live and worship that is important. If they are following God's commands and doing His will they are probably well off.

Yes, there are churches other than the church of Christ and church of God that follow the Bible and make it their primary source of knowledge.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To go along with Dale's comment, the name that is on a church building (or for a denomination of any kind) is just that. A name. Regardless of the name on a church, it's how they live and worship that is important. If they are following God's commands and doing His will they are probably well off.

Yes, there are churches other than the church of Christ and church of God that follow the Bible and make it their primary source of knowledge.

Many, many other churches and denominations that follow the Bible. It doesn't matter if you like how they do it or not. God appointed none of us to be the judge of what he considers just, right and holy. God is all knowing and omnipotent. He's perfectly capable of making his own judgement without us berating other believers.

Stand up and sing, sitting down and sing, clap and sing, dance and sing, play the guitar or piano and sing, sing with only your voice, God knows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom