Info on the big churches in OKC area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So then you're aware of the various meanings of the Greek word eis (for)?

And that as written in Acts 2:38 for does not necessarily mean “in order to achieve” forgiveness of sins. Possible meanings include "in," "into," "unto," "to,"towards," "at," or even “because of,” “as a result of,” or “in light of.”

Another example of this is "Take two aspirin for a headache" does not mean "Take two aspirin in order to get a headache."
The fact remains that you want to believe what YOU want to believe. Everything I have listed is backed up by scripture. You can try and change it or use different interpretations all you want. Just like you are trying to do with Greek. I am gonna list the following and then I am done posting in this
1 Peter 4:11
[11] If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
[16] All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, [17] so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

John 15:20
[20] Remember what I told you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

2 Timothy 4:3-4
[3] For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. [4] They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Matthew 26:28
[28] This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

The last scripture I posted was In regards to the Greek. Jesus didn’t die because forgiveness of sins already existed. He died so that we would ask FOR forgiveness.

The words that I have spoken are Not my own. They are the very words of God. As 2 Tim. 3 16-17 says. If you are rejecting them, you are rejecting the words of God, not me. Scripture cannot contradict itself. We cannot look at one, or even a few scriptures and form a conclusion based upon that. We have to piece together the whole text. And once that is done, it clearly shows how to be saved. Sadly I see more people doing their best to try and prove the text means something other than it does rather than just doing what it says. And thus lies the division within the Lords Church. I pray everyday for people to see the truth. I apologize if I have came across as arrogant or judgmental, that was not my intention. I am the last person to judge someone else. I have done so much wrong in my life. But I never give up. And I won’t. I take this topic very seriously because so many are being led astray by false teachings. God bless.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is Mathew 7-1 from a Interlinear Bible (A Basic Tool for Bible Study)
3361 [e] (Strong Number)
1 (Koine Greek Pronunciation)
1 Μὴ (Koine Greek)
1 Not (English)
1 Adv (Grammer) (Koine Greek has Six Tenses that are translated in to Three English Tenses)

2919 [e]
krinete
κρίνετε ,
do judge
V-PMA-2P

2443 [e]
hina
ἵνα
that
Conj

3361 [e]

μὴ
not
Adv

2919 [e]
krithēte
κριθῆτε .
you should be judged
V-ASP-2P

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Um.... hate to break it to you bro....you have done nothing but judge and condemn people in this thread. Just sayin’.
I said I wouldn’t reply to this thread again but I have to on this one. Where did I judge someone? I spoke the very words of Christ Jesus. I posted scripture to back up what I said. So if there is any judgment or condemnation it came from the text, not me. So when you say I judged and condemned you are wrong. Folks that don’t like what scripture says would accuse me of that. That’s ok though, Jesus said this would happen.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The fact remains that you want to believe what YOU want to believe. Everything I have listed is backed up by scripture. You can try and change it or use different interpretations all you want. Just like you are trying to do with Greek. I am gonna list the following and then I am done posting in this

You brought up and referenced "the Greek" . . . not me. I was simply pointing out how Greek words have more than a single meaning. I'm not attempting to change anything other than including the various meanings of said Greek words.

Matthew 26:28
[28] This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Exactly . . . this is why we are saved.

Faith and repentance are closely associated. We cannot turn toward Christ unless we also turn away from sin. The command to non-Christians is to repent and believe. All other commands to obedience in the New Testament, including water baptism, are to people who are already Christians.

The last scripture I posted was In regards to the Greek. Jesus didn’t die because forgiveness of sins already existed. He died so that we would ask FOR forgiveness.

That's a great example of the various meanings of the Greek texts.

The words that I have spoken are Not my own. They are the very words of God. As 2 Tim. 3 16-17 says. If you are rejecting them, you are rejecting the words of God, not me. Scripture cannot contradict itself. We cannot look at one, or even a few scriptures and form a conclusion based upon that. We have to piece together the whole text. And once that is done, it clearly shows how to be saved.

Nowhere does the Bible say the words, “cannot be saved without water baptism,” or “an unbaptized believer is not saved.”

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is Mathew 7-1 from a Interlinear Bible (A Basic Tool for Bible Study)
3361 [e] (Strong Number)
1 (Koine Greek Pronunciation)
1 Μὴ (Koine Greek)
1 Not (English)
1 Adv (Grammer) (Koine Greek has Six Tenses that are translated in to Three English Tenses)

2919 [e]
krinete
κρίνετε ,
do judge
V-PMA-2P

2443 [e]
hina
ἵνα
that
Conj

3361 [e]

μὴ
not
Adv

2919 [e]
krithēte
κριθῆτε .
you should be judged
V-ASP-2P

I suggest you read the rest of Matthew 7. Very carefully, as you've tried to do with the Interlinear.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't you all think the medium of a book that draws from our life's experiences and circumstances and shapes our interpretation of the things we read, is a terrible medium to convey unfettered truth?

You ever discussed characters in a book with others who've read the same book? It's pretty amazing the diverse views and characterizations of the people in the book you'll come away with. You're never going to get everyone to agree on what they've read... It just doens't work like that.

Strike one to "all-knowing" deity.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^^ so true. I was driving the church van one time and one of the passengers advised "You need to slow down." I passed a 55mph sign with the arrow on top letting people know that 55mph is coming up. He said "no" the speed limit is 55 at that sign. :)

The issue is that the bible has only one meaning and that is the Authors original intent. It is not open to private interpretation. I will list a few gaps that must be crossed to get the meaning of a text.
1. Cultural gap. We live in a different culture than biblical times
2. Chronological gap. We live in a different time
3. Linguistic gap. Words have a different meaning today
4. Customs gap. We have different customs than biblical times.
5. Presuppositional gap. This is the hardest one. We must put aside what we believe a passage to mean and what we have been taught it means.

Odds are we will miss the Authors original intent.
Jesus' death on the cross was not to forgive our sin but to pay the penalty. It is finished is the penalty paid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom