Info on the big churches in OKC area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread has probably chase off the original member who asked a very good question. It has come close to causing one member to have a stroke, and has failed to change anyone's mind.

Time to shut it down.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
^^^^^ so true. I was driving the church van one time and one of the passengers advised "You need to slow down." I passed a 55mph sign with the arrow on top letting people know that 55mph is coming up. He said "no" the speed limit is 55 at that sign. :)

The issue is that the bible has only one meaning and that is the Authors original intent. It is not open to private interpretation. I will list a few gaps that must be crossed to get the meaning of a text.
1. Cultural gap. We live in a different culture than biblical times
2. Chronological gap. We live in a different time
3. Linguistic gap. Words have a different meaning today
4. Customs gap. We have different customs than biblical times.
5. Presuppositional gap. This is the hardest one. We must put aside what we believe a passage to mean and what we have been taught it means.

Odds are we will miss the Authors original intent.
Jesus' death on the cross was not to forgive our sin but to pay the penalty. It is finished is the penalty paid.

And it just undermines the supposed perfection of the one who created it when there's so much infighting... I mean, he didn't foresee this? He didn't know words on paper would cause so much trouble?

But, this is the same guy that doesn't command to not rape, but he does command to not use his name in vain... Rape? That's fine, but saying his name in vain? His ego simply cannot take that. Same for believing in him or not. Just more egocentric stuff.

The guy has severe insecurity issues.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And it just undermines the supposed perfection of the one who created it when there's so much infighting... I mean, he didn't foresee this? He didn't know words on paper would cause so much trouble?

But, this is the same guy that doesn't command to not rape, but he does command to not use his name in vain... Rape? That's fine, but saying his name in vain? His ego simply cannot take that. Same for believing in him or not. Just more egocentric stuff.

You're in the wrong thread, Madd.
I keep telling people that everything isn't about Trump.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This topic should of been moved to a different thread for the OP sake.

My question would be this to anybody reading this thread

Where do you want to be?

IN CHRIST oR Outside of CHRIST?

I would assume anybody who wants to spend eternity in heaven has to ask themselves this question?
Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

and plenty other verses that are clear we want to be IN CHRIST.

If you do some reading in the bible, and research this, i think the answer is pretty clear, how one gets IN christ.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This topic should of been moved to a different thread for the OP sake.

My question would be this to anybody reading this thread

Where do you want to be?

IN CHRIST oR Outside of CHRIST?

I would assume anybody who wants to spend eternity in heaven has to ask themselves this question?
Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

and plenty other verses that are clear we want to be IN CHRIST.

If you do some reading in the bible, and research this, i think the answer is pretty clear, how one gets IN christ.

What's the alternative?

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Actually what you just did is take God's name in vain and blasphemed.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I think I'll back out of this discussion and if anyone finds the perfect church to let me know as I'd be happy to attend. As long as there are people involved, it won't be perfect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom