Info on the big churches in OKC area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fred you have judged every person on here that doesn’t go to your church. You judged the OP for seeking info about area churches. You have judged people who don’t agree with your idea of conservative worship. You have judged the leadership of area churches. The idea that your church is the only real church? Come on.... that is exactly what drives non believers away from even setting foot in any church. Churches are the people who attend and we have all fallen short. It’s human nature. Just as there isn’t a perfect person there isn’t a perfect church. I have been in and out of a lot of churches in my life. Almost all of them were biblically based. They had different styles, traditions, and customs.... and they all reached and ministered people in different ways. That didn’t change their foundation in The Word.

Exactly what church do you go to that is so perfect?

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly what church do you go to that is so perfect?
I am gonna bet its been mentioned numerous times in this thread.

Mark 7:8 Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men.

Majority of arguments between Christians have nothing to do with someones salvation. It has to do with Traditions of men which causes more folks to leave the church than anything I have seen in my time on this earth.

Last edited:

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been thinking about attending a church again. Was raised religious and did the whole youth group thing in my teen years, then interest sort of fell off. There's no specific reason why I'm looking to go back.. just curious to try it again and see if it's more interesting now that I'm older.

But if I can be picky, then I'm looking for a church that doesn't do too much of the singing and arm waving stuff... always felt it was super cheesy and embarrassing. I know WHY churches do this, but I'd prefer one that spent more time on sermon and bible readings... something more dry, academic or analytical if that makes sense.

I think the churches I've gone to in the past were Nazarene, Methodist, and Baptist, but I'm cool to try whatever denominations are out there besides the one that mutilates squirrels.
did you find a church? how'd it go?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been waiting for a reason to put this somewhere and this is my opportunity! Don't mean to offend anyone but I not only thought it was funny but true. When i was a kid, I heard people arguing about their church being the only one and another saying their church is the only way. Fact is, there is no church that is 100% correct, and if you think yours is, kindly read the Bible. Churches cause arguments sometimes.
f89eb1e58126a357dc6472334a4cdf25.jpg

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No luck. I just ended up buying a few religious books (Tanakh, Book of Mormon, etc) to read and compare. Also got this excellent audio bible of the New Testament to listen to on long drives.

I don't think church is for me.
I would like for you to go to Del City Church of Christ. My old preacher from when I was a kid is now the preacher there full time. He is the best i have ever heard. Give them a chance. If you don’t like it then that’s ok. Just please try it out. I will post a video of him for all that would like to watch his latest sermon. I really encourage all to watch it. It is excellent.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like for you to go to Del City Church of Christ. My old preacher from when I was a kid is now the preacher there full time. He is the best i have ever heard. Give them a chance. If you don’t like it then that’s ok. Just please try it out. I will post a video of him for all that would like to watch his latest sermon. I really encourage all to watch it. It is excellent.

i agree, what do you have to lose. HE IS A GREAT preacher.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No luck. I just ended up buying a few religious books (Tanakh, Book of Mormon, etc) to read and compare. Also got this excellent audio bible of the New Testament to listen to on long drives.

I don't think church is for me.

Darn, i hate to hear that, but glad you are doing some reading and hearing his word. Took me years to realize, that people think of church like a theater, the audience sit in the pew, the preacher is on the stage to perform and the bulletin is the program, church is like a theater except that the people in the pews are not the audience God is in reality.. Worship is not for us, but for God and worship that comes from the heart genuine faith and love of his children delights god and it brings a smile to his face. So we have to remember when you are at church you are there to worship God and to serve and to please God, not necessarily to just be entertained.

Latest posts

Top Bottom