Info on the big churches in OKC area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Darn, i hate to hear that, but glad you are doing some reading and hearing his word. Took me years to realize, that people think of church like a theater, the audience sit in the pew, the preacher is on the stage to perform and the bulletin is the program, church is like a theater except that the people in the pews are not the audience God is in reality.. Worship is not for us, but for God and worship that comes from the heart genuine faith and love of his children delights god and it brings a smile to his face. So we have to remember when you are at church you are there to worship God and to serve and to please God, not necessarily to just be entertained.
Also don’t forget that scripture says to not forsake the assembly of the saints. Worship is a must.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know I’ve really been thinking a lot since seeing this thread come up again. I want to offer an apology to all that I came across as being judgmental to and acting as if I am better or that my congregation is better. That is not right of me and not what God expects of me. I hope you can forgive me and know that I care about you and your salvation. God bless.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No luck. I just ended up buying a few religious books (Tanakh, Book of Mormon, etc) to read and compare. Also got this excellent audio bible of the New Testament to listen to on long drives.

I don't think church is for me.

I understand completely. I have a real hard time believing God is gonna condemn anyone with a good heart to Hell just because you don't darken the door to a particular building, named in a particular way, with a man in front of a bunch of people telling you if you don't believe and act the same way as a bunch of other people you are gonna go to Hell.

My heart goes out to you. I've already worked through all the conflict years of conventional church-going left me with. I do hope you find the peace you look for.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is good to attend church and associate with like believers but be wary, listen to the preacher and validate what he says with the Bible. Do what the Bible says, it is the authority by which God speaks to the hearts of all men who will heed His words. I heard a preacher the other night on TV say that the "Woke movement is in a lot of our churches" so we all need to discern... One sure way not to make it to Heaven is to not accept Jesus and that is the ultimate sin, the denial of Christ. I might add, Christians are facing perilous times ahead by our own government and citizens so we need to stay true to our Lord.

Last edited:

okgunner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very interesting discussion. Coming from a deep blue state, refreshing. Traveled around a bit, you'd be surprised what's out there. LifeChurch is like Flatirons church in Colorado. Same "business model". I believe in the Rob Skiba biblical mathematics, churches ought to multiply with new pastors and not add to their own flock. But that's me.

Like Chick Tracts say, find a church whose final authority is scripture. Yeah, subjective.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's like I said in the first post of this thread, I really just don't care for the singing and hymns and music at church.

But every church has this for some reason and it's a disqualifier in my mind.

Much easier to just read the various holy texts in my spare time and think about the philosophy of existence.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's like I said in the first post of this thread, I really just don't care for the singing and hymns and music at church.

Much easier to just read the various holy texts in my spare time and think about the philosophy of existence.

To me the singing and hymns are making a joyful noise unto the Lord. They help us to enjoy the worship of God and give us a means to remember words and meanings. Hymns give us time to think about the words more carefully. Consider the repetition of the hymn “It Is Well With My Soul”

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Singing is in the text. We do it to praise the Lord in song. Singing hymns is beautiful. I actually look forward to it. Its seems you really aren’t interested in being a Christian. The. Bible is the ONLY text you need. We don’t get to choose how we want to live or worship the Lord. We have to live according to scripture as best we can. We all fall short and none of us deserve heaven and none of us can earn our way. We are saved by grace through faith and obedience to God.

God sent his son to die for our sins. I don’t think most people really think hard on that. That wasn’t easy for God to do and it sure wasn’t easy for Jesus. When Jesus was hanging on the cross and cried out to God he was ignored. Why? Because Jesus had become sin. He took the whole worlds sin upon himself and was separated from God. Picture what that was like for Jesus to be completely cut off from God. That is what happens if we go to hell. Yet Jesus still only cared about others. Even praying for them. That is what caused one of the thieves to repent. He was hurling insults at Jesus the same as the other one was. But when he heard Jesus praying to God to forgive them he immediately felt guilt and shame and asked the Lord to remember him to which Jesus said “you will be with me in paradise”. Jesus just forgave his sins.

God and Jesus did all that for you and for me. The least we can do is to try and follow scripture as best we can and give our entire lives to both God and Christ. And remember that all scripture is “God Breathed”. Meaning it was written with the help of the Holy Spirit/God. Be careful of those that twist it to fit their lifestyle. I still would like for you to give Del City a church of Christ a chance.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Singing is in the text. We do it to praise the Lord in song. Singing hymns is beautiful. I actually look forward to it. Its seems you really aren’t interested in being a Christian. The. Bible is the ONLY text you need. We don’t get to choose how we want to live or worship the Lord. We have to live according to scripture as best we can. We all fall short and none of us deserve heaven and none of us can earn our way. We are saved by grace through faith and obedience to God.

God sent his son to die for our sins. I don’t think most people really think hard on that. That wasn’t easy for God to do and it sure wasn’t easy for Jesus. When Jesus was hanging on the cross and cried out to God he was ignored. Why? Because Jesus had become sin. He took the whole worlds sin upon himself and was separated from God. Picture what that was like for Jesus to be completely cut off from God. That is what happens if we go to hell. Yet Jesus still only cared about others. Even praying for them. That is what caused one of the thieves to repent. He was hurling insults at Jesus the same as the other one was. But when he heard Jesus praying to God to forgive them he immediately felt guilt and shame and asked the Lord to remember him to which Jesus said “you will be with me in paradise”. Jesus just forgave his sins.

God and Jesus did all that for you and for me. The least we can do is to try and follow scripture as best we can and give our entire lives to both God and Christ. And remember that all scripture is “God Breathed”. Meaning it was written with the help of the Holy Spirit/God. Be careful of those that twist it to fit their lifestyle. I still would like for you to give Del City a church of Christ a chance.

You've lost my interest entirely after you said this:

Its seems you really aren’t interested in being a Christian.

Which is funny because just yesterday you said this.

You know I’ve really been thinking a lot since seeing this thread come up again. I want to offer an apology to all that I came across as being judgmental to and acting as if I am better or that my congregation is better. That is not right of me and not what God expects of me. I hope you can forgive me and know that I care about you and your salvation. God bless.

Just wow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom