Info on the big churches in OKC area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The full Bible has been translated into 450 languages. There are at least 500 versions of it in English alone. The most prominent modern, English language versions of the Bible are the New International Version and the New King James Version.

When Was the Bible Assembled? (learnreligions.com)

The above was from a simple Bing search. The first known 'wide spread' bible was compiled at around 400 AD.

Just from this alone, who can be certain of the most accurate, if any, of all these different versions and revisions? It is estimated that the first parts of the bible were written around 3500 BCE. With this given information, compare this to what this country is going through right now. History from the last 150 years has been tweeked and massaged (and out right changed) so much that we couldn't tell really what has been changed.

Now, apply this to the info from the top. Who can say which version is correct? Or, even the most correct version? Even the early conversions from one language to another could change the whole context of a sentence or idea.

I think it all boils down to this ---- either you believe or you don't. To get caught up in the minutia of the individual stories will only lead to arguments. Be a good person. Do the right things for the right reasons. And believe --- or not.

:soapbox:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He can’t help it. I find that a lot of the members of his religious sect are the same way. They just don’t understand what grace is.

Oh, he can help it. And he knows how obnoxious he's being, otherwise why the "apology"?? He just doesn't think he has to. HE has God's grace. The rest of us?? Yeah, not so much. Just ask him. It must be nice to have replaced Jesus Christ as God's right hand man.

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The full Bible has been translated into 450 languages. There are at least 500 versions of it in English alone. The most prominent modern, English language versions of the Bible are the New International Version and the New King James Version.

When Was the Bible Assembled? (learnreligions.com)

The above was from a simple Bing search. The first known 'wide spread' bible was compiled at around 400 AD.

Just from this alone, who can be certain of the most accurate, if any, of all these different versions and revisions? It is estimated that the first parts of the bible were written around 3500 BCE. With this given information, compare this to what this country is going through right now. History from the last 150 years has been tweeked and massaged (and out right changed) so much that we couldn't tell really what has been changed.

Now, apply this to the info from the top. Who can say which version is correct? Or, even the most correct version? Even the early conversions from one language to another could change the whole context of a sentence or idea.

I think it all boils down to this ---- either you believe or you don't. To get caught up in the minutia of the individual stories will only lead to arguments. Be a good person. Do the right things for the right reasons. And believe --- or not.

:soapbox:

I was born into a church that said “We believe in the Bible insofar as it is translated correctly”. But then again they had their own religious book that was touted as “The most correct book on the face of the earth”.

And then there is Life Church that offers their Bible app in 2,062 versions and 1,372 languages for free. Download it and use it at no charge.

https://www.youversion.com/the-bible-app/

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bible Translation Comparison.gif

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, he can help it. And he knows how obnoxious he's being, otherwise why the "apology"?? He just doesn't think he has to. HE has God's grace. The rest of us?? Yeah, not so much. Just ask him. It must be nice to have replaced Jesus Christ as God's right hand man.
I do need Gods grace and forgiveness. Do you not understand why I posted my apology? Apparently joy don’t. I realized I was wrong in some of the things I said and I felt guilty for it. So I asked for forgiveness from the ones I said the things to. We ALL need Gods grace. But the simple fact is we don’t make it to heaven just off of belief alone. Or because of Gods grace. There are rules we have to live by. It’s just many don’t want to conform to those rules. I don’t even know why you care. You said you are done with this stuff.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He can’t help it. I find that a lot of the members of his religious sect are the same way. They just don’t understand what grace is.
I understand 100% what grace is. If God didn’t have grace we would all be finished. He would have never sent Jesus to die for OUR sins. I’m not part of any “religious sect” so I don’t get what you mean by that. I don’t think you realize that God is a just God and has to punish sin. Grace is how we make it to heaven but, we have to do works and obey the teachings of Jesus. Now that doesn’t mean we earn our way either. That can’t happen. As I said before, we ALL fall short. We ALL need grace and forgiveness. But folks need to realize they won’t get either if they don’t live according to scripture.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do need Gods grace and forgiveness. Do you not understand why I posted my apology? Apparently joy don’t. I realized I was wrong in some of the things I said and I felt guilty for it. So I asked for forgiveness from the ones I said the things to. We ALL need Gods grace. But the simple fact is we don’t make it to heaven just off of belief alone. Or because of Gods grace. There are rules we have to live by. It’s just many don’t want to conform to those rules. I don’t even know why you care. You said you are done with this stuff.

Evil triumphs when good men remain silent. Doesn't matter if you know why I participate in this thread or not. Though I think you are being disingenuous with that statement. You apologize and then you go right back to doing the same **** you did for the first dozen or so pages in this thread. Judging and belittling and just generally bullying everyone who doesn't fall lock step in line with your interpretation of the Bible.

You are right -- I am done with organized religion like what you browbeat people with. I'm done with bullies literally screaming at people "If you don't do this EXACTLY like I do you are going to Hell." I'm am done with "God fearing" people who see religion as a way to try and exert control over others just because they have questions. Do I believe? Yep. Do I believe like you do? Hell no. "My" God is nothing like the God you worship. NOTHING. I do believe there is a higher power at work here.

You keep doing you, Fred. And I'll keep doing me. Just don't expect me not not say something when you are so blatantly manipulative, and just downright mean, that people see right through you. The only thing you have managed to do in this thread is the exact opposite of what you state you want to do. (Bring people to Jesus in case you forgot.) I grew up around people like you. You think you are slick -- you abuse and batter and just generally demean everyone in your path, then you make a quick little apology when the person you are attempting to influence walks away -- only to turn right around and go back to judging, belittling and just generally be an ass. None of this is about "bringing people to God" for you. It's about having power and influence over others. Which I seriously do not understand either. But then I'm not hellbent on being right.

Forgiveness IS NOT permission to.go back to the same behavior you asked to be foregiven for.

I be willing to venture a guess that if you spent as much time "doing works" as you do pretending you are the absolute authority on all thing Biblical you might actually be a decent guy. But then ... Maybe not. What do I know?? I'm headed straight to Hell in a rowboat anyway. :rolleyes2:anyone::coffee2:

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Evil triumphs when good men remain silent. Doesn't matter if you know why I participate in this thread or not. Though I think you are being disingenuous with that statement. You apologize and then you go right back to doing the same **** you did for the first dozen or so pages in this thread. Judging and belittling and just generally bullying everyone who doesn't fall lock step in line with your interpretation of the Bible.

You are right -- I am done with organized religion like what you browbeat people with. I'm done with bullies literally screaming at people "If you don't do this EXACTLY like I do you are going to Hell." I'm am done with "God fearing" people who see religion as a way to try and exert control over others just because they have questions. Do I believe? Yep. Do I believe like you do? Hell no. "My" God is nothing like the God you worship. NOTHING. I do believe there is a higher power at work here.

You keep doing you, Fred. And I'll keep doing me. Just don't expect me not not say something when you are so blatantly manipulative, and just downright mean, that people see right through you. The only thing you have managed to do in this thread is the exact opposite of what you state you want to do. (Bring people to Jesus in case you forgot.) I grew up around people like you. You think you are slick -- you abuse and batter and just generally demean everyone in your path, then you make a quick little apology when the person you are attempting to influence walks away -- only to turn right around and go back to judging, belittling and just generally be an ass. None of this is about "bringing people to God" for you. It's about having power and influence over others. Which I seriously do not understand either. But then I'm not hellbent on being right.

Forgiveness IS NOT permission to.go back to the same behavior you asked to be foregiven for.

I be willing to venture a guess that if you spent as much time "doing works" as you do pretending you are the absolute authority on all thing Biblical you might actually be a decent guy. But then ... Maybe not. What do I know?? I'm headed straight to Hell in a rowboat anyway. :rolleyes2:anyone::coffee2:

Time to reevaluate????

Latest posts

Top Bottom