Inherited several 50 yr old bottles of whiskey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn’t open any more of it until you find out prices of what it’s worth. Collectors may pay a premium for it. I would be interested in buying it.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been given a few collector bottles from deceased family members etc. All of them were empty upon receipt. I can tell you now that we are NOT related (Kinfolk).

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for your lost. Drank gallons of all of the above good stuff old lables still remember them well sort of

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you do not want to drink them....leave them alone....leave them alone. Just like Indian Head pennies...if you mess with them(shine them up) they lose value faster than a 1990 Yugo.

Contact info: Contact them and send pictures, they might buy them from you AND know all the laws about selling and shipping. They'll let you know what they're worth and if you should sell or enjoy them. I have purchased some....well...shall we say...some "upper end" whiskey from them.

Masters of Malt:
https://www.masterofmalt.com/

The Whisky Exchange:
https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/

Cheers!!!:sunbath:

22409_presscdn.pagely.netdna_cdn.com_wp_content_uploads_2016_04_pappy_0.jpg

Last edited:

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a very old bottle of Scotch I got from my dad's estate. I posted a pic of it on here and was told that there are collectors of old spirits that might make it worth your while to check into.
I don't know the legalities, but since they have the tax stamps, it should make it ok to sell unless they are out of state and the receiving state has their own laws.

Local pick up only is a simple solution for that. If they REALLY want it for their collection they can make arrangements and deal with all the hassles.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't they stop aging once removed from the barrel? For example, a 20 year whisky thats been in the bottle for 50 years is still only a 20 year whisky, not a 70 year. Right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom