Inherited this old gal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Inherited my Grandads 1972 GMC 2500. Technically I guess he gave it to me before he passed but we could never find the time or the nice weather to work on it together. As a kid I rode with him in this truck to the local convenience store quite often where he would buy me a sprite and a Milky Way candy bar. I remember watching him siphon gas out of this pickup when he needed gas to put in one of his grain trucks. Lots of memories.

It was a farm truck for years. Plan is to get her off propane and back to strictly gasoline. If the inside of the bed isn’t in bad shape I’ll try to save it, if it’s beyond repair I may weld up a flatbed for it. Kinda want to relocate the gas tank, not a huge fan of a tank full of gas behind the seat but then again I rode harleys and was never bothered by 5 gallons between my legs. Lot of body work to do. Interior work as well. Not sure if I’ll do a frame off restoration.

Asked @swampratt about the motor this thing has in it and was told it is a Big Block 400. Probably gonna pull it and overhaul it. Maybe get some more power out of it.

thanks for looking.
AC6542C8-2AD9-48CD-A9A4-CCDB4C56123C.jpeg
3A2B6061-2740-42FD-994B-60B9DE56B335.jpeg
54AE1268-5E47-460B-834B-99BF2069F48B.jpeg
60A03849-BCAE-467E-8B8A-6053433A2A2B.jpeg

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
beautiful truck! Favorite body style. That is what a “Truck” is supposed to look like! So, cool. I don’t know if I’d fully restore it, or just get it up to snuff. That “patina” and those dents all tell a story, each and every one of them.
Probably overhaul the engine, transmission, driveline, breaks and tires and do a really thorough cleaning job. Then drive it for awhile and see what happens. You can always restore it later, but you can’t “unrestore” it. If it doesn’t smell like grandpa when you get in it, it just isn’t the same.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom