Inherited this old gal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with the mechanical restore and leave as is otherwise. Then line yourself up with 12 hot ladies and do a photo shoot and put together a calender. Then you have income off an old farm truck and Grandad will smiling at ya, thinking ya boy that's using the ole noggin, you make me proud..

Last edited:

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on the floors and bed I would check the numbers on the engine, trans, rearend and if all numbers match check the market for a price it would bring from someone up north. It might be shocking

Iron sharpens Iron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AF0C2166-F963-4062-9A57-F394F00FF43D.jpeg

OKBPS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Inherited my Grandads 1972 GMC 2500. Technically I guess he gave it to me before he passed but we could never find the time or the nice weather to work on it together. As a kid I rode with him in this truck to the local convenience store quite often where he would buy me a sprite and a Milky Way candy bar. I remember watching him siphon gas out of this pickup when he needed gas to put in one of his grain trucks. Lots of memories.

It was a farm truck for years. Plan is to get her off propane and back to strictly gasoline. If the inside of the bed isn’t in bad shape I’ll try to save it, if it’s beyond repair I may weld up a flatbed for it. Kinda want to relocate the gas tank, not a huge fan of a tank full of gas behind the seat but then again I rode harleys and was never bothered by 5 gallons between my legs. Lot of body work to do. Interior work as well. Not sure if I’ll do a frame off restoration.

Asked @swampratt about the motor this thing has in it and was told it is a Big Block 400. Probably gonna pull it and overhaul it. Maybe get some more power out of it.

thanks for looking. View attachment 216979View attachment 216980View attachment 216981View attachment 216982
"Kinda want to relocate the gas tank, not a huge fan of a tank full of gas behind the seat..."

I had 2 friends in high school that crashed in a truck that had the gas tank behind the seat. The truck skidded on its side, the tank ruptured and the gas ignited. They were both severely burned. One died and the other still bears the scars today.

My Uncle restored an old truck that had the tank behind the seat and he kept the original there but did not use it. Instead he put a gas tank under the bed for safety.

Latest posts

Top Bottom