Injunction Denied By Judge Re: Permitless Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Channel 9 just said you can't carry in liquor stores; I don't think that's right, and I just searched the 2018 SDA book and can't find where it says that. It just says you can't carry where liquor is CONSUMED, like it always has.

Is channel 9 wrong (shocker!) or did they change the law?
Is there a book after 2018? That's all I could find on the OSBI site.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are correct in your assessment, my wife and I took a firearm course at a home and it was all of 2 hours, no range time at all, no familiarization with a firearm. The guy just went over the law booklet and asked if it was ok if we didn't go tot the range (he may not have had a car). We paid our $90.00 and left and haven't shot a gun since. This may shock a lot of you guys but I'd be willing to bet if you were honest something similar happened to you also.

Well, in our case, the training was several years ago. (I think I'm on my third license - second renewal.) When we did our class, it was a full 8 hours counting the range time. Range time involved the instructor examining all of our firearms to insure they were safe weapons, and then about an hour on the range itself. (During the range time, I set my handgun down and slipped down to see how well the wife had done with her 9mm. Went back to my range position with the thought that "I'm NOT gonna mess with this woman!!!!")

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The deal with this was Lowe was looking for an injunction. There are pretty specific requirements for an injunction (and he should know since he's an attorney) and there was no way he could get close to meeting them. Just another toolbag using the courts for no reason but to say, "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!!!"

Oh, and I am still a fairly new resident to Oklahoma. Folks back in Georgia often ask what it's like living in such a "backwoods" state. When I tell them that I am licensed by the state to carry a gun, practice law and smoke pot, they usually shut up. :)

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mainly only travel between OK and KS. It's sad I was able to freely carry in KS long before I could in my home state.

FYI, Kansas's constitutional carry law does not stipulate "resident", therefore it applies to anyone currently in the state.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CPL
CWL
CWP
SDA
ETC
Permit to carry concealed. (BS BTW 2nd A already says we can carry/own/ETC)

Or open carry...

Georgia is just as ridiculous with the "license" police. It's called the Georgia Weapons License (GWL) and if you call it anything else, you will get your head bitten off.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see the number of terrorist incidents in gun-friendly 2A states vs regulated anti-2A states. This would likely be the perfect response to the people crying there's going to be "blood in the streets". Might also give Moms Demand Action something to mull over.

If we can make it past Halloween we'll probably be ok on Nov 1.
Your FBI crime statistics can provide that information.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and I am still a fairly new resident to Oklahoma. Folks back in Georgia often ask what it's like living in such a "backwoods" state. :)

Folks from the state where the movie Deliverance was filmed is calling us backwards? There was some gawd awful backwards stuff going on in that movie!

Latest posts

Top Bottom