Injunction Denied By Judge Re: Permitless Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mainly only travel between OK and KS. It's sad I was able to freely carry in KS long before I could in my home state.

FYI, Kansas's constitutional carry law does not stipulate "resident", therefore it applies to anyone currently in the state.
Oklahoma also honored CC from folks visiting this state while requiring residents to have a license.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma also honored CC from folks visiting this state while requiring residents to have a license.

What I was getting at it that under the KS law it doesn't matter what the carry law of your home state is. Anyone that can legally own a firearm can carry it there without a license/permit.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I was getting at it that under the KS law it doesn't matter what the carry law of your home state is. Anyone that can legally own a firearm can carry it there without a license/permit.

My point was the hypocrisy of Oklahoma allowing Constitutional carry folks the rights from their states that allowed it, while denying our residents the same rights.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was mandatory training with the old law. Was it proper training? Thats widely debatable but it was in the law that 8 hours of classroom and range time be done. Who wrote the specs for that training, I sure dont know but if any of you can say you learned absolutely nothing in the class, well you were either asleep or already really law savy, I learned a lot about the law personally but nothing on the level of basic gun safety, and I think thats exactly what the old law wanted.
So now there is no training required, of the law or gun competency. Make sure you inform yourselves and tell others to as well. The law really didnt change anything other than it is no longer required that you tell an officer your carrying when detained BUT its going to go poorly in your favor if you do not and he finds out later.

Dewain Reeves swears he wrote the training on the OK CCW class. I may have spelled his name wrong.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I tell them that I am licensed by the state to carry a gun, practice law and smoke pot, they usually shut up. :)

I'm not a lawyer, sounds like you are, but I see some problems with this.
Pot is illegal under fed law, you're not allowed to carry (or even posses) a gun if you are a user of illegal drugs. So how does all this add up to a lawyer being able to do both? And you just admitted in a public forum that you did this; could that be a problem with the BAR assoc?

Am I missing something? Edumacate me.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody get shot up yet? Any blood in the streets? Anything?
I don't know about blood in the streets, but my drill slipped and I cut my hand.

So, blood on the wall I was drilling. Come to think, I've never had training on a drill. No background check to purchase it either.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The deal with this was Lowe was looking for an injunction. There are pretty specific requirements for an injunction (and he should know since he's an attorney) and there was no way he could get close to meeting them. Just another toolbag using the courts for no reason but to say, "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!!!"

Oh, and I am still a fairly new resident to Oklahoma. Folks back in Georgia often ask what it's like living in such a "backwoods" state. When I tell them that I am licensed by the state to carry a gun, practice law and smoke pot, they usually shut up. :)
Oh your a lawyer? Good, we used to have a member here that was our voice for legal matters an it was helpfull. I miss Dave

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or open carry...

Georgia is just as ridiculous with the "license" police. It's called the Georgia Weapons License (GWL) and if you call it anything else, you will get your head bitten off.
wait a minute, I didnt bite anyones head off. Just clarifying the same you mmay have done in the past correcting someone hen they misuse the word clip instead of magazine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom