Insomniacs anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. I'm having a time getting over a hernia surgery. If I move the wrong way and it feels like I'm getting stabbed with Rambo's knife so I sleep what I can in my desk chair. It is too painful getting out of bed or off a sofa to lay down to sleep. So, a night's sleep for me is usually several one-hour naps at best. This is really getting old. Monday will be five weeks since I had the surgery. I'm going to need a butt replacement soon if I don't get better. This is the worst hernia surgery I've had out of five of them.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. I'm having a time getting over a hernia surgery. If I move the wrong way and it feels like I'm getting stabbed with Rambo's knife so I sleep what I can in my desk chair. It is too painful getting out of bed or off a sofa to lay down to sleep. So, a night's sleep for me is usually several one-hour naps at best. This is really getting old. Monday will be five weeks since I had the surgery. I'm going to need a butt replacement soon if I don't get better. This is the worst hernia surgery I've had out of five of them.

Maybe they got a nerve pinched in there somewhere.
I had one of those surgeries and never had any issues.
Just told me do not push out any poop wait until it wants to fall out.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I come from a long line of NOT sleepers only I did something about it. Talked to my doc who put me on 150mg Trazadone and Lunesta as needed. My pattern was not getting more than an hour for four days and then on the fifth night I’d pass out from exhaustion and maybe get five hours. Now I generally sleep from 10:30-5:30 unless I have to get up to pee. If that happens I fall right back to sleep but wake up at 6:30. The Trazodone helps me stay asleep and the Lunesta (I normally just take a half) helps me fall asleep. My wife started having troubles and she started only with 50mg Trazodone and that’s all she needed as her issue was only staying asleep.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My problem wasn’t falling asleep. I’d be out within a minute of laying down. My problem was staying asleep. I’d wake up at 2ish every morning. Finally got a CPAP for the apnea and go the whole night. I sleep through those little urges to go to the bathroom too. Before, it was like, well I’m awake I might as well get up to pee.
If you suspect you might have apnea, get a sleep study done. It’s been a life changer for me.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since Covid, I'm slowly getting over it. My cough is all but gone but the two xrays on the lungs a month apart look the same, with no improvement. Doc says CT scan is next week.

I had my usual 2 to 3 hour nap in bed then my back started screaming. I turned over then my knee started screaming, then my calf started cramping. You should have seen it! Me ripping the covers off of my body jumping out of bed stomping my foot trying to stretch my calf back into the corral!

Now in my chair with the heating pad on my calf. Ahhhhhhh!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My problem wasn’t falling asleep. I’d be out within a minute of laying down. My problem was staying asleep. I’d wake up at 2ish every morning. Finally got a CPAP for the apnea and go the whole night. I sleep through those little urges to go to the bathroom too. Before, it was like, well I’m awake I might as well get up to pee.
If you suspect you might have apnea, get a sleep study done. It’s been a life changer for me.
I had to do the home one which was not accurate. No one fits my schedule and no one has a bed that raises a bit for my back. The only way I can get to sleep is on my side. The CPAP I had just didn't fit. It kept clamping my nose shut then tried to blow me up like I was sticking my head out of a car window at speed. I sold the damn thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom