"Inspire" CPAP replacement device

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has been out for a few years now. It moves your tongue out of the way of your airway, which is my problem. My doctor wants to get me to try it. He doesn't know my gag reflex will kick him inna nuts if he touches the inside of my mouth.
It has a fairly narrow window of people who it can help and who qualify for it. They evaluated me for it, but I'm outside of the window and my tongue isn't the problem anyway.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like something from Eddie Albert's character in the movie Head Office, the Permalax implant to keep you regular for 25 years.

"Hi. My name is Pete Helmes. 30 years ago, I started a small company called INC Bearing and Tool, and with these balls of steel I built INC International. Now, we produce over 10,000 products, from a 50-megaton nuclear warhead to a creamer, nuttier peanut butter and a new, quieter, artificial heart.
Every day at INC we're developing products that will improve your life, like Permalax, an all-new laxative implant, that relieves irregularity for up to 25 years with a one-step implantation.
Uh, I had the, uh, Permalax implant, now I'm regular for life! Ha. But, more important, we care about you, and we care about our employees. INC is the company that cares about *people*."

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, first off, the Inspire has plenty of issues. Interestingly, was at a seminar this weekend. Inspire, at the time of report, had implanted something like 8000 devices. Inspire had 10,000 mandatory reported adverse reactions.

There are alternatives out there, but I don't think that Inspire is one of the better ones.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom