"Inspire" CPAP replacement device

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Doc said No No. Boxing ruined my nose and upper air way, that and running a plastic flute up into my brain cavity through the roof of my mouth when I was a kid. Nothing but pressure helps me.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually went and had the endoscopy done and got approved to have it done. The device itself is 26k. I’ve got good insurance but I’ll hit stick to my cpap. 30% of the device alone is a deal breaker. I’ve never been able to even get a decent estimate on my out of pocket.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mom and dad are both on cpaps. They won’t be switching. My dad had a surgery back in the early 90’a where they removed his uvula which was supposed to help with his snoring and sleep apnea. It didn’t unfortunately.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw my sleep doc Friday for my annual visit/prescription renewal.

We briefly talked about it, he's not big on it. After him talking and me asking questions, I offered up that it appears to be a solution looking for a problem.

Seems as if it is being marketed to sleep docs as a way to make more money, rather than actually help people. That's weak.

I'll stick with my current Air Sense 10, thank you very much.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would never go with Inspire. I'm waiting on getting a new BPAC machine. I had a CPAC and the pressure was so high that I had to fight it to exhale. The BPAC makes that easier. I sure hope it helps me sleep better. I tried a CPAC years ago and didn't see any difference if I was using it or not.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One has to qualify for the Inspire and even if the qualifications were met, the insurance company would drag their feet until doomsday. If you're doing ok with the CPAP, they'll never approve the Inspire.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They tried to put me on a CPAP but I have to much trouble sleeping with even my O2 hose. I would never sleep with a CPAP on.

Like most here, I also snore - which comes with some degree of sleep apnea.
My doctor sent me through a sleep study to justify prescribing a CPAB.
Like RickN, I did not want a CPAB for multiple reasons.

I eventually got a SomnoMed snore-guard mouthpiece.
https://somnomed.com/en/patients/products/somnodent/somnodent-classic/
I'm dead-serious, it changed my life.
Since the day I started Sore-guard - any snoring is very minimal - if any at all. It only takes about 3 days to get used to it. It's adjustable for more-less airway - for when the body changes. It's lasted me for 5 years so far, and no issues.
Before the snore-guard, I never dreamed - or very rarely dreamed. After snore-guard - I dream every night.

So for you snoring guys about there that hate/won't use a CPAB - try a Snore-guard!!!!
I still talk to everybody about it, even after 5 years of usage!!!! It's amazing!!!
When I go on trips, all I have to do is bring a mouthpiece. No machine, no tubes, no mask. A mouthpiece only.

If you're interested in a snore guard - talk to your dentist.
(Yes, your dentist. As odd as it sounds.)

Prior threads on snoring:
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/...at-should-i-expect.333978/page-2#post-3779755

Last edited:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It has been out for a few years now. It moves your tongue out of the way of your airway, which is my problem. My doctor wants to get me to try it. He doesn't know my gag reflex will kick him inna nuts if he touches the inside of my mouth.

I probably wouldn’t choose those words again…

Latest posts

Top Bottom